Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

Super Moderator
300cc

Ok ok ..... it was slower than a pram....

But great fun........
Only 300cc :surprise:. That's like 1 litre Evoque :wink:

Super Moderator
Or a 3.0ltr F-Type......

OUCH.......

Super Moderator
Touche :grin:

Super Moderator
There's a 2 litre F type out now :smile_big:

Super Moderator
I know, my 鈥渃ontact鈥 was talking about it yesterday, he drove one ...... laffed his socks off and handed it back.....he said it was awful and be shocked if it sells.....
He also drove the new 2.0ltr discovery and can鈥檛 inserstand why they are doing it as it had no power at all.....

Super Moderator
I heard the 2 litre goes well enough but just doesn't make the right noises. You probably need to rev it like **** to make it go though. Like all manufacturers smaller engines to keep within the new EU emissions regulations.

Super Moderator
I heard the 2 litre goes well enough but just doesn't make the right noises. You probably need to rev it like **** to make it go though. Like all manufacturers smaller engines to keep within the new EU emissions regulations.
See......300cc may be the way to go 馃ぃ

Super Moderator
Got this just now. 1721cc :surprise:

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

Registered
Spidey that Quady thing simply looks great-stylish, at 300cc, bet it was fairly quick as well.

Super Moderator
Spidey that Quady thing simply looks great-stylish, at 300cc, bet it was fairly quick as well.
It was really nippy. Used to go to work on it in the summer. About 8 mile each way.....did get some looks I must say.
The only thing I didn鈥檛 like were the gears which were a bit clunky but yeah had some fun on it.......

Registered
Yes, the gears on older models were both clunky and Crunchy as I recall- a bit more refined these days!!!!

Super Moderator
That鈥檚 an interesting beast XZ4

Registered
And how do you protect your motorcycles? relying only on insurance or do you have safety trackers? stole my friend's motorcycle a month ago, now I'm afraid of mine, especially when I don't have a garage. You may have heard of Motorcycle Tracker Any real feedback?

Super Moderator
If they want it they'll take it. Theives come well prepared (angle grinders) so little will stop them. A decent visual deterrent (Big padlock & chain) is good to keep the casual theives away though.

Datatag helps too as this puts micro dots on all the parts which means they cant sell them so easily.

Registered
I never knew this thread existed, but the good thing about bikes is that you can fit your garage with them :cool:
Here are my toys:-

My baby CB500. Ex Thundersport race bike. Only 52hp, but corners like no other.
Crashed it twice last year, at Anglesey & Mallory, but it keeps on bouncing back.

CBR1000RR Fireblade. Another ex race bike. I just use it on track days now.
Crashed this at Cadwell in Sept last year in the wet, but it's ready for this season again now.

As you can see I mainly stick to the track, but this is my road bike.
Been all over on this, including the Isle of Man.
And in case you're wondering, yes I've crashed this too :rolleyes:

Super Moderator
Bought this in for stock recently. Tempted to keep it for myself :)

Super Moderator

Registered
Just stumbled upon this thread. :) (y)
So, been a keen biker for about 30yrs (& the wife 25ish), regularly toured Europe for about 20yrs as far as Croatia, Alpine passes being my favourite hunting ground. Avidly followed Motogp, WSBK & BSB in that time. Only the one track day under my belt (quite a way to go from deepest Cornwall). Like tinkering and doing my own maintenance so my current ride is a keeper seeing all the latest bikes are covered in electronics.

My Speed Triple '94R special edition with a few tweaks I've done (most are too subtle to notice unless you're a Speedy geek. :))

and the wifes Street Triple

Bit of a HinckleyTriumph aficionado with a brief flirtation to Ducati that lasted as long as the warranty.

....and some earlier bikes.

Did a Fly-Ride to Austria the other year and planned to repeat that this year but Corona has put that on hold for now. :mad:

41 - 60 of 64 Posts