Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what Evoque owner/drivers are also motorcyclists? What have you got?

I have a Honda SH300i scooter that I use for my daily commute. For fair weather weekends and European trips I have a Yamaha FJR1300 sports tourer. Just literally got back on Saturday evening from a weeks long trip - France, Switzerland and Italy. Did just over 2100 miles. Me and three biker mates. We do a similar trip once a year and have done so for the last 5 years and always go for the mountain routes - fantastic roads out there. We always meet up with our wives midway through the trip (they fly out and meet us - always a penalty to pay lol) . This year we met up in the Cannero Riviera on lake Maggiore. Last year we were in the hills in the South of France, the two years before that we went to lake Garda - twice but the first year was in Nice, actually staying in the Hotel Negresco on the Promenade des Anglaise where that terrible attack has just taken place. Next year - we're looking at the Spanish Pico's.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

And, just the sort of road sign you don't want to see on the way up..........

Edited by: Steve D

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Love the pictures

But which do you prefer driving on this type of great driving road - the bike or the evoque?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the Evoque (or any car) would be a nightmare on those mountain passes. There's virtually nowhere to overtake plus, being RHD you'd be practically scraping the canyon wall or have two wheels on the edge just seeing if the coast was clear! The roads in France/Italy/Germany/Austria etc are absolutely FABULOUS for bikers. Edited by: Steve D

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
So I need to buy a bike

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Now that idea I like - never been a bike person - but a brightly coloured sportscar is a different matter

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

(although Marton, I could ask you what you are doing playing with Spiderman toys
)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not only are there great biking roads across the Channel, other road-users are biker-friendly too. It's a whole different experience riding over there. I go regularly to Belgium and France, as I'm interested in WW1 and I tour around the monuments, memorials and battle-fields. I used to go on my BMW Rockster [which I had for 11 years] but my knee won't put up with being bent back for hours at a time any more, so, very reluctantly, I swapped that for the current ride where I can stretch out my legs. It doesn't corner like the old bike but any two wheels is better than no two wheels.
Old bike outside Menen German War Cemetery

I'm sure you're all familiar with the Commonwealth cemeteries with lines of white Portand stone grave markers. This is the German equivalent. Quite different. I found it interesting that there were still Jewish/German grave headstones in evidence

This is an unexploded shell. They're ploughed up by the farmers every year - even now. They leave them at the side of the road for the bomb disposal teams to collect and destroy!

This is the current ride - suitable for old knackered knees!

Edited by: EST51

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I have a Triumph Daytona 955i which I dropped the other week damaging it, the Evouque and myself

[

Phot is too big to upload

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We made good time on our way back this year and were due to arrive at Calais three hours before our train departure so we visited the V1 and V2 rocket launch site. They're a lot bigger than you think! Edited by: Steve D

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Cool as long as you have the batman cloak and mask to go with it

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
It would look very nice in my lounge EK. £44K bikes have sold out!
only the cheap ones left at £28K
Edited by: Vader

·
Super Moderator
10,799 Posts
I hope they've got the reliability this time. Previous efforts have been nothing but trouble.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts