Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Evoque beats rivals from Audi and BMW to emerge as the cheapest car in its class to run, according to new figures from Which?
Over a three-year ownership period, the Evoque will be cheaper to keep going than rivals, such as the Audi Q3 and Q5, and BMW X1 and X3.

The biggest factor in the running costs result is the Evoque's impressive performance in terms of depreciation (how much value a car loses over time). Not only is the Evoque competitively priced against rivals, the in-demand baby Range Rover is predicted to be very sought-after by second-hand car buyers, keeping its used values high.
Fuel economy was the only negative.
Read the full story here:http://www.which.co.uk/news/2012/01/evoque-beats-german-rivals-on-running-costs-277637/<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

·
Registered
6 Posts
good residual value. Glad to hear this since i plan to keep the car about 3 years and only drive about 5000 miles a year

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been running our new evoque now for about six weeks and have done just short of 3000 miles in it. I have the SD4 Dynamic LUX Auto in Red. I love the way it looks and can't fault the drive at all. However I am seriously disappointed in the fuel economy. Landrover state that the car will do 44mpg combined with this engine and auto box. But the absolute best I canachieveis around 33mpg on a long steady run at around 70-75 mph. Generally on extra urban driving the economy is around 28mpg. I can't believe a 2.2 4 cylinder diesel is only returning this. I swapped this car from a 2008 3.0 6 cylinder twin turbo X5 which used to return around the same. You have to say that the X5 is massive compared to this and is probably at least a tonne heavier and whats more has twice as much in the surface contact from the tyres. Combined with the really distracting and unintuative touch screen electronics package I am really statrting to dislike the car. So much is good about it but far too much is so not right about it too. It could be an amazing car but it just isn't. It's like as though they never even looked at what the Germans are doing really well and just hashed the interior electronics together. A touch screen in a car is far too distracting to use whilst driving and no doubt a lot of evoques will be crashed doing so. The Sat Nav has arubbish interface. The steering wheel buttons don't really have any function. Once you have set the car up to your particular preferences the right hand set will probably not get used again before you sell the car. Wouldn't they be better to scroll around the phone menu. God I could go on and on of how poor the electronic interface is on this carbut I don't have the time. Where is inertia scrolling why are all the buttons down the side of the screen replicated on screen. Why is there emphasis on junk information displayed in the service display (again replicated from the touch screen) and not enough ephasis placed on driving information. How many places do you need to see a clock? Surely MPH/KPH should be the dominant information with MPG, Trip, Fuel, Outside temp, Range etc.Not that you are on DAB - DAB 1 - Radio 2. I know that I'm listening to it and I can glace 2 foot to my left and see it on the Awful touch screen. Whilst I think about it why does the roller over the cup holders have a gloss finish. Mine is a scratched to hell already and looks terrible. Why not rubber, then your phone wouldn't slide around the only logical place in the car to put. Sorry to rant here but I am seriously disappointed and would give anything to get my BMW back.

·
Registered
174 Posts
@markpeet: have you tried talking to it? It's supposed to be rather good at voice recognition, but I guess it needs some training.
I haven't got mine yet. Fuel consumption wasn't the main factor when I decided to buy one, but with the limited capacity, it will probably start to annoy me when I get mine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Almost all of your bitches are things that a person would notice over time. Certainly not on a test drive except the center information screen. It overwhelmed me at first, but now I'm use to it and my eyes only focus on the box I'm interested in.

Re gas mileage, I don't know how cars are rated in the UK, but in the US I believe the highway mileage is figured at 55MPH. At 75MPH, I think the gas mileage would take a clip. My US model (2.0T gas) is rated at 28MPG (US gals) and at 55-60MPH, I get around 27MPG.

Except for the relatively small area behind the back seats, I'm very happy with my Evoque. I've had it for 2 months now and consider it a joy to drive. I looked at the BMW X3 and it is a good SUV also. However, the looks of the vehicle haven't changed in several years and I wanted a fresh look that the Evoque CERTAINLY has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts