Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
Discussion Starter #1
Brought a evoque a couple of weeks ago from a private sale and after a few days the lights on the dash have come up Fault on gear box and HDC not available system fault Stability control not available drive with care 馃槥 has anyone had this on there evoque ? Can anyone please help with advice on how much it will cost to get put right it鈥檚 a 2012 dynamic 2.2
PLEASE HELP

Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
Discussion Starter #2
Also I鈥檝e changed the car battery as I鈥檝e read on here that people have tried that and it hasn鈥檛 worked for me 馃様馃様

Registered
Evoque Dynamic Lux MY12 SD4 AWD Auto, Re-Map 240BHP, BlackPack Wrap
Have you tried changing the skinny battery in the passenger footwell?? Not had this problem myself but I read on here that battery could effect the gearbox and other components. Hopefully will be a cheap pain free fix

Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried changing the skinny battery in the passenger footwell?? Not had this problem myself but I read on here that battery could effect the gearbox and other components. Hopefully will be a cheap pain free fix
Hi Ravemeslinky
Thank you so much for commenting, I鈥檝e brought one today it should be delivered in a couple of days , it鈥檚 weird because I had a new battery fitted on Tuesday and the lights came back straight away on the dash 馃様 , and when I drove the car yesterday (Wednesday) the lights flashed up straight away and stayed on all day , when I popped out earlier today (Thursday ) the gear box fault didn鈥檛 flash up but the HDC and Stability warning lights flashed up . This is the second time in 3 years we have been sold cars with faults tha t come up with days of buying them 馃様 .

Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux
Did you charge the new battery before fitting it to make sure it was 100% fully charged?

Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
Discussion Starter #6
Did you charge the new battery before fitting it to make sure it was 100% fully charged?
Hi Macdexx I went to Halfords and they fitted it for me I just assumed it would of been fully charged 馃槙

Registered
RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Plus 2014
Hi Macdexx I went to Halfords and they fitted it for me I just assumed it would of been fully charged 馃槙
The battery has probably been sat on a shelf for weeks or longer.. It is v unlikely to be anywhere near fully charged when fitted by Halfords

Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
Discussion Starter #8
The battery has probably been sat on a shelf for weeks or longer.. It is v unlikely to be anywhere near fully charged when fitted by Halfords
Oh ok I will see if someone I know has a battery charger I can borrow and see if that makes a difference. Thank you for commenting 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Oh ok I will see if someone I know has a battery charger I can borrow and see if that makes a difference. Thank you for commenting 馃憤馃徏
Make sure the charger is an AGM compatible battery charger as I am guessing it was an AGM battery you got fitted? I think some of the earlier Evoques didn't have AGM but maybe someone can confirm

Registered
Start/Stop AGM096
Great. Yeah just make sure the charger is set to AGM mode..You may need to leave it overnight. A lot of people use a CTEK MXS 5.0. These can be a good investment if you only use the car occasionally

Registered
This might be a silly question 馃槀 but if I can鈥檛 get hold of a battery charger will it charge while I鈥檓 driving ?
Yeah. You may need to give it a good long drive. A charger should report when it is fully charged whereas driving won't without connecting something to it

Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux

I only use mine at the weekends as I use a van for work and have to keep it in on a trickle charger during the week. It only has to drop to 10.5 V and wont even start and throws up up gearbox errors and all sorts.

Mines a 2.2 dynamic also and I'm pretty sure it needs a 110 amp battery but I could be wrong.

They do seem to be very sensitive

Reactions: Zarzee

Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
Discussion Starter #15
Great. Yeah just make sure the charger is set to AGM mode..You may need to leave it overnight. A lot of people use a CTEK MXS 5.0. These can be a good investment if you only use the car occasionally
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it.

Registered

I only use mine at the weekends as I use a van for work and have to keep it in on a trickle charger during the week. It only has to drop to 10.5 V and wont even start and throws up up gearbox errors and all sorts.

Mines a 2.2 dynamic also and I'm pretty sure it needs a 110 amp battery but I could be wrong.

They do seem to be very sensitive
Same here. Working from home and lockdown, I am hardly driving the car. This site has got me paranoid on battery voltage so keep it topped. I thought they were 110 or 115 (80ah 800cca) batteries but maybe they aren't all the same spec?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts