Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car for 5 weeks now and apart from all the rattling and creaking it’s been ok 🙁
So after a lot of dismantling of the dash I found the metal heater pipes were the biggest culprit after putting some foam pipe lagging around them silence at last, apart from the creaking sun roof 🥴
After doing a lot of on line searching I read some fixes that involved removing the headlining and even more worrying the whole glass roof but still creaking, looks like it’s a jaguar and velar problem too.
last week I got some 3 in 1 oil and ran it all around the roof seal between the metal and the glass, the next morning the oil had disappeared 🤨
So I gave it another go, again the next morning it had disappeared into the seals.
Today I went out and creaking has gone 😆😆😆
So if anyone else is having the same problem maybe worth giving this a try.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I did a job some years back for a bloke who had an XF and a creaking sunroof was a problem he had, it was new and in the 6 months he owned it it must have spent 4 of those back at the dealers so eventually they took it back and exchanged it for another new one but the same problem again, well more trips to the dealer over the course of a few more months they traced it, fixed it and no more creaking, he was telling me where the glass pano roof is bonded into the body apparently it is also supported by little polystyrene blocks to stop the bonding glue from squidging out due to the weight of the glass, it was the glass rubbing on the polystyrene blocks making the noise, they removed them and noise was gone

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think taking the headlining down was the next job to see what’s going on if the oil hadn't cured it, took my son to the airport in the early hours and even he noticed the creaking had gone 🤣

1 - 3 of 3 Posts