Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here so thanks for the add

I only purchased my 2013 Evoque today and I am trying to enable keyless entry, I can find plenty of instructions on how to disable it but none on how to enable.

I am not concerned about the the theft issue it is parked in a secure location and I use faraday puches for the keys.

Any help would be welcome

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,579 Posts
Hi and welcome. Does your car have keyless entry fitted, they don't all have it.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,726 Posts
Very similar to disabling, just the lock button changes to enable (assuming your have keyless entry).
See the last 30 seconds of this video:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I may be wrong but keyless entry was standard on dynamic lux and on some of the dynamics.

Check the build sheet on TOPix if it has keyless entre.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Also, not trying to be smart but most of you guys know that Evoque has a two-level locking mechanism.

If you lock it by pressing once, it does not activate the internal motion sensors/break -in sensors. Useful if you are leaving a dog/kids in the car.

However, to lock and equip it fully, you have to press the lock button twice and you should hear a chirp. That means it's fully locked involving internal motion/ break-in sensors.

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,967 Posts
Hi new here so thanks for the add

I only purchased my 2013 Evoque today and I am trying to enable keyless entry, I can find plenty of instructions on how to disable it but none on how to enable.

I am not concerned about the the theft issue it is parked in a secure location and I use faraday puches for the keys.

Any help would be welcome
Hey CoolBird
Welcome to the EOC!
Congrats on the new car.
If you update your profile with the model and any significant extras it make it much easier to answer any questions accurately, and we‘re nosey and enjoy you sharing the details 😁 pictures too are welcome!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,967 Posts
Also, not trying to be smart but most of you guys know that Evoque has a two-level locking mechanism.

If you lock is by pressing once, it does not activate the internal motion sensors/break -in sensors. Useful if you are leaving a dog/kids in the car.

However, to lock and equip it fully, you have to press the lock button twice and you should hear a chirp. That means it's fully locked involving internal motion/ break-in sensors.
The first thing I did was turn that annoying bleep off when the car is locked.
I get home at all hours and the last thing that I wanted after the double clunk of the central locking was a bleep to annoy my neighbours even more !!
The long flash of the indicators is sufficient confirmation that the Evoque is safely and fully locked.

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
248 Posts
The first thing I did was turn that annoying bleep off when the car is locked.
I get home at all hours and the last thing that I wanted after the double clunk of the central locking was a bleep to annoy my neighbours even more !!
The long flash of the indicators is sufficient confirmation that the Evoque is safely and fully locked.
It is not very loud in all fairness. I am used to these audible buzzers as every time I am walking away from the car, I can lock it and get the confirmation without looking at it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Double lock mine every time.

no animals or children are left in this vehicle overnight 😉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts