Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have an evogue that had an engine compartment fire so I have changed every thing under the bonnet including engine a auto box, I have changed all the exterior wiring loom till the internal junction/fuse box and the dash loom and all fuse boxes, instrument cluster, and ecu's I could see...… all came from an accident damaged similar car (same year) that was still able to start and drive despite its damage and blown air bags all round...…. now I have tried to put the ignition on and its partially dead.... there are noises from the engine side but the instrument cluster is dead, however the hazard lights, rear tail gate opening, handbrake and lights work.... I have tried a diagnostic IId tool and does not work as it keeps waiting for ignition on.
Any help, advise or suggestion greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
942 Posts
Only suggestion i can think that anyone could make is to take it to a good auto electrician, preferably with experience of that model of car.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I believe many components need 'coding' to the vehicle, is this something you've done?

There was a recent new EOC member who was doing a similar rebuild, so he might be able to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
I find out the problem …. I needed to change the door modules and lathces.
The alarm and central locking works fine too.... I am only left with the smart key not recognised so the ignition does not come on..... just once it came on and I am supposing it was by chance as it will not do it again.
I am on topix and I cannot seem to understand what reads the key in conjunction with the sensor under the steering column..... or where the message is sent

any one knows?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Good to hear!
Any tips to pass on in case others find themselves doing a similar job?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to hear!
Any tips to pass on in case others find themselves doing a similar job?
I had a small ecu at the back N/S in the booth that reads the key and it must have been damaged..... ordered a new one and worked fine.....
its a must to have a diagnostic tool with these cars...… I use the IId tool

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
I had a small ecu at the back N/S in the booth that reads the key and it must have been damaged..... ordered a new one and worked fine.....
its a must to have a diagnostic tool with these cars...… I use the IId tool
A diagnostic tool and Valium if you can’t fix yourself 😂😂😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts