yer right !!!!!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
We had some very long discussions about this on the FL2 forum a few years ago now. I can add a bit to the above:
Xenon and LED lights - as far as anyone knows these are suitable for driving abroad. Note the point made above about adjustment to some of the top-end models with auto-dip.
Traditional projector headlights - depends on the year. Early ones have a visible spot on the lens. These require masking and the spot is there to help centre the masks. Later ones don't have the spot and don't require adjusting. Even though the beam is triangular, it's apparently within limits for continental driving. If it worries you you can still apply masks, but it's fiddly to fit them correctly without the guide spot. Doesn't apply to the OP but may help someone else!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We had some very long discussions about this on the FL2 forum a few years ago now. I can add a bit to the above:
Xenon and LED lights - as far as anyone knows these are suitable for driving abroad. Note the point made above about adjustment to some of the top-end models with auto-dip.
Traditional projector headlights - depends on the year. Early ones have a visible spot on the lens. These require masking and the spot is there to help centre the masks. Later ones don't have the spot and don't require adjusting. Even though the beam is triangular, it's apparently within limits for continental driving. If it worries you you can still apply masks, but it's fiddly to fit them correctly without the guide spot. Doesn't apply to the OP but may help someone else!
Thank you @Past Master , I have bought a couple of Eurolights stickers and according to the model of the car (2014) I should only use the round bit and position it at a 5 o'clock position in relation to the main beam. If when I get in France it is daytime (about 5am) I wouldn't putt them at all. Unfortunately I will need to do a lot of night driving in the continent and having them with me (together with a lot of other crap I had to buy ie. yellow vest, spare bulbs etc), it provides some reassurances.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Remember too that in some countries you must use headlights when it's raining, so it's worth checking. I used to copy the masks onto a roll of black plastic to save having to buy new ones, or in case the masks fell off.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts