Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
I have a 2015 Evoque Dynamic and extremely happy with it in fact I can even say that it's the best car I ever had (out of many).
Recently I can hear a noise on the passenger side suspension area (I think it's the front) usually on a motorway road join or road holes.
The suspensions are working perfectly on all the settings and my mechanic friend couldn't see anything like bushes changing or anything like that. Obviously my last alternative after this message will be to take it to a LR garage. I didn't so far because of the restrictions and for the huge bill I can expect.
Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

The other question is: As soon as the restrictions to travel are lifted I would like to have a drive in Europe and I was wondering if this 2014 Dynamic model would have some kind of switch to change the beams from RHD to LHD?

Thank you

·
Registered
11,275 Posts
Depends on what type of lights you have, on my 2017 HSE Dynamic I didn't need to make any adjustment-

·
Registered
11,275 Posts
I think you should be fine, no expert mind but I spend a LOT of time in Europe and never had any issues.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,738 Posts
This is what the handbook says for a 2020 model, the handbook for your car may also give some advice.

"DRIVING ABROAD

The requirement to adjust the headlights for temporarily driving abroad is dependent on the type of headlight fitted.

LED and Premium LED headlights have a beam pattern that eliminates the need to adjust the lights or add any external stick-on decal. Matrix LED Headlights require the road driving side option to be changed within the instrument panel menu. If the vehicle is fitted with a navigation system and Traffic Sign Recognition feature the headlights adapt automatically.

1. Select Exterior lighting in the Vehicle settings. See INSTRUMENT PANEL OVERVIEW.
  2. Select Headlights driving.
  3. Select Drive on left or Drive on right, for the driving side of the road."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what the handbook says for a 2020 model, the handbook for your car may also give some advice.

"DRIVING ABROAD

The requirement to adjust the headlights for temporarily driving abroad is dependent on the type of headlight fitted.

LED and Premium LED headlights have a beam pattern that eliminates the need to adjust the lights or add any external stick-on decal. Matrix LED Headlights require the road driving side option to be changed within the instrument panel menu. If the vehicle is fitted with a navigation system and Traffic Sign Recognition feature the headlights adapt automatically.

1. Select Exterior lighting in the Vehicle settings. See INSTRUMENT PANEL OVERVIEW.
  2. Select Headlights driving.
  3. Select Drive on left or Drive on right, for the driving side of the road."
Thank you for your link. I've checked it and will test it tomorrow

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Xenon lights have a flat beam so there is no need to change them for driving on the left.

There is a setting in the Vehicle Settings for the High Beam Assist though, if you have it for driving on the left or right side of the road as that does make a difference to where the HBA camera looks.

I went through this palava with mine at its MOT as the garage initially failed it as they said it had LHD lights which is obviously wrong for the UK when in fact the lights are 'universal'.

I think there is something in the owner's manual about this too.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Whilliam

·
Registered
72 Posts
From the MY16 Handbook:

HEADLAMPS - DRIVING
ABROAD
The headlamp beam pattern is suitable
for driving on either side of the road.
There is no need for any mechanical
adjustment or external decals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From the MY16 Handbook:

HEADLAMPS - DRIVING
ABROAD
The headlamp beam pattern is suitable
for driving on either side of the road.
There is no need for any mechanical
adjustment or external decals.
Thank you Whilliam

·
Registered
11,275 Posts
Eh?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Speak up, his hearing aid needs a new battery (AGM of course)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for the responses but unfortunately I haven't sorted this out yet. Mine is a 2.2 Dynamic from 2014 and I think it has Xenon lights and although it is a top of the range model with every extra you can think of, there is nothing on the vehicle settings like @wiltsandy suggested.
Best option for me as it stand, is to leave it as it is and hopefully I won't piss anyone off in the continent.
Stay Safe

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just drive in the daytime 🤔

·
Registered
11,275 Posts
Don't worry about it, theyr'e going the other way anyway!!!! It will be fine.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Try it out on the right here and if no one flashes you you know they're ok

Reactions: Maffy
1 - 20 of 27 Posts