Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I’m new here ! I’ve had a problem with my 2014 evoque for a couple of months . Sometimes when starting it throws the error message “ electrical management will shut down in 1 min “
Other times it throws the error “low battery please turn on in 3 min”
Now I took this to my dealer and they said it had a gateway module error so replaced it , this did not work and the messages soon returned , has anybody got any ideas on this please ?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
New battery needed?
Try using a C-Tec (or similar) battery charger overnight and if the problem reoccurs in the morning when starting, then its probably not the battery.

·
Super Moderator
10,115 Posts
If you do a lot of short trips the battery may just need charged as already suggested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do a lot of short trips but some longer . Could I just use a normal battery charger or does it have to be a special one ?

·
Super Moderator
10,115 Posts
As far as I'm aware a normal charger will be OK but someone else on here might know better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taken off charge this morning , fingers crossed when I drive it later ! Thank you to all who helped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well upon taking it off charge this morning , it is good news ! All the interior lights are working and no more error messages so far ! Will keep an eye over the next week to see what happens !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts