Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on here for a while. Perhaps someone can help.
My car is going in for its first service, 2 years, at the end of the month.
The dealer is suggesting, well they would wouldn't they, and engine, sump, injectors etc flush before the new oil goes in and also disinfecting the air con and heater system
The cost on top of the service is £39.99.
I know sod all about this sort of thing and always assume that it is a rip off
Does anybody have any thoughts they would like to share.
Cheers

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
772 Posts
I always ask them if the manufacturer (Land Rover in this case) list that these things should be done? I very much suspect not.

It never ceases to amaze me, these 'extras' that some dealers suggest. I’d also totally agree that these charges for things that don’t need doing are a real rip off.

On previous marques, I've been offered an air con recharge when my air con has been perfectly fine.

Your car is pretty new, so I wouldn’t have thought your air con requires any disinfecting.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, MY20 R Dynamic HSE, Volvo 850R
2,506 Posts
I think they're just touting for business and trying to sell extras, I doubt your car is in need of both those treatments yet, can't comment on the flush but I had the air con on a previous audi deodorized at a VW dealer under their service plan 'my service' for free, it was just an aerosol can set off inside with the air con and blower set to full and on recirculate, worked really well and got rid of the musty smell, think their only about a tenner so you could do it yourself in the future

1 - 3 of 3 Posts