Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 plate P300e HSE Dynamic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I haven't been on here for a year as I got my P300e in October 2020 and to be fair, I've had no trouble it's been fab. However 3 weeks ago I got in on a cold Monday morning, stuck my 6 year old in the back and put all the blowers on to defrost it, got out to scrape the ice, got back in and loads of acrid grey smoke came out (little one sat in back holding seat holding his nose!). Got him out really quickly and turned car off. Friend who was here said it's coming from behind dash not engine. Called Land Rover Assist, they came out (guy looked really worried tbf) told me it needed to go in, got me a courtesy car and off it goes to garage. 3 weeks later I've had 3 scenarios of what is 'wrong with it':

1. first they reckoned something hadn't been put back properly during service and melted,
2. then the heater motor needed replacing,
3. now the fuse box needs replacing.

That third one really worries me with a child in the car, I know nothing on cars but stepdad and uncle saying I can't put a child in it when it when it's an electrical fault in a hybrid and it's taking this long to work out. Would I honestly be able to get him out quick enough if something went truly wrong? Now seriously considering not accepting it back. Anyone else had this, I feel like I'm not being told stuff as I'm having to ring them twice a week - they're not calling me (alarm bells there?!).

As things stand I've a lovely top of the range disco as a courtesy car so I'm ok, but I feel I'm not going to enjoy this car as much if I get it back and this lack of clarity continues.

Thanks all

R

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fab thanks - any reason they'd then move onto the fuse box? Sounded like they did that last week but have now gone onto the fuse box?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,874 Posts
Fab thanks - any reason they'd then move onto the fuse box? Sounded like they did that last week but have now gone onto the fuse box?
That SSM is for a heater not working - not for your electrical burning issue. So perhaps there's a problem where a fuse should have blown to protect things but didn't?

PS. It's worth updating your forum profile to make it easy to see the year/spec of your Evoque :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That SSM is for a heater not working - not for your electrical burning issue. So perhaps there's a problem where a fuse should have blown to protect things but didn't?

PS. It's worth updating your forum profile to make it easy to see the year/spec of your Evoque :)
The high voltage heaters don't all just simply fail and stop working...apparently some have also overheated and/or burnt out. 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah thanks will update profile now. Its the 'fuse not blowing possibility' that is freaking me out. If i ever had to get out quickly, not ideal with a child in a childseat in the back :oops:

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
621 Posts
That is very true....better to just get out fast and let it burn, then claim on the insurance and buy something more reliable instead. 🤣😂😅
What like an I-Pace which as no heater :ROFLMAO: 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds like the high voltage heater has burnt out....a common fault on these cars.
I’ve been told that my high voltage heater needs replacing as well but they don’t really know why my p300e won’t run on electric, don’t think the technicians know much about these new fangled hybrid vehicles.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
As for fighting an electric car or electric hybrid, there can be up to 800V high voltage, so I would advise not fighting a fire with an extinguisher (foam or otherwise) and just get out the car ultra fast and let it burn. Even professional fire fighters are worried about tackling electric cars now, with regard water and high voltage safety hazard. Plus car battery fires can get put out, then just re-ignite due to the intense heat.

PS...I realise how worried the OP is, as once my petrol engined Renault Fuego dash caught fire on the motorway (Fuego is spanish for fire, which was quite apt), I got rid of the car ASAP, even though they put in a new dash, as never trusted it again. We got out the car faster than Usain Bolt due to acrid smoke enveloping the cabin :D

The problem with the Fuego was all electrical connectors in the wiring loom did not have locking clips, and so came loose with road vibration, causing hot spots and electrical circuit failures. It was a dreadful car .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been told that my high voltage heater needs replacing as well but they don’t really know why my p300e won’t run on electric, don’t think the technicians know much about these new fangled hybrid vehicles.
Ranger rover evoque
Hi had a software update for the new p300 hybrid evoque . Since then the EV mode plays up and will no longer start in EV mode. It usually says EV mode temporarily unavailable. Now most of my journeys are on petrol.
Main dealer tells me it’s the high voltage heater. They have the parts and will take two days to replace!
Now the dealer has the car they say it will take 5 days to replace the high voltage heater!!
Surly a main dealer can replace it within a day?

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Have you had the car long?

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
621 Posts
Ranger rover evoque
Hi had a software update for the new p300 hybrid evoque . Since then the EV mode plays up and will no longer start in EV mode. It usually says EV mode temporarily unavailable. Now most of my journeys are on petrol.
Main dealer tells me it’s the high voltage heater. They have the parts and will take two days to replace!
Now the dealer has the car they say it will take 5 days to replace the high voltage heater!!
Surly a main dealer can replace it within a day?
I wouldn't moan too much as there are owners on here who have waited 5 months or more, count yourself lucky.

One thing I will add these are not normal cars and the whole high voltage side as to be run down so that's a day doing that so you need to understand the car then timing will make sense.

Any way welcome and don't forget to add your car details as it helps members understand your car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts