Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lowes3 said:
33. I'm not very impressed with the mpg to be honest. My civic type-R would do 30 and I drove that as a hot hatch should be driven.

agreed
mine is 35.6 but have done a lot of motorway driving last few weekends. whilst doing school runs it was a measely 33mpg and i know it will go back down

had a civic before, 1.8ise and it was 30mpg .... so not impressed either

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mixed driving up to now has given 44.8mpg. The car went in for the alarm related software upgrade this week so all the trips were reset.The missus made a 250 mile journey today, mainly motorway, and the trip is showing 54.9mpg.

Looks like I can give it some serious welly this weekend!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went to Durham from Sheffield and then 7 miles in stop start. Over the whole journey it averaged 55.6. Emailed the picture of the trip photo to the dealer. He was disbelieving. Its done 20,000 and is still slowly improving its mpg.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Evoque Down Under said:
They're some impressive numbers Greenfrog.
Cheers, EDU. Am well impressed so far!
Am positive that if I stuck to the legal limit (70mph) I'd be way over 50mpg, but that would be no fun, would it?!

Am doing the same round trip to Kent tomorrow, so let's see how that goes...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just back from Kent.
Car's now done 2,444 miles. Trip just now from Broadstairs to Swindon was 170 miles.

Averaged an indicated 50.0 mpg!! Averaging about75 to 80on the motorways.Well happy!

·
Registered
258 Posts
First extended (won't say long) trip in mine yesterday. About 180 mile round trip with 4 adults aboard, mixture of dual carriageway and standard 2 way roads (probably about 50/50), with some traffic jams- 49.5 mpg I was very impressed.
Car has now completed just short of 500 miles.

We have a 500 mile round trip coming up which will be mostly motorways, will I break 50????

·
Registered
465 Posts
over 3k miles

35.6mpg

what am i doing wrong?!

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
if you switch your display to show 'real time' mpg you'll see where the sweet spots are in the rev range. It surprised me how much difference there can be by gear selection between 30 and 50 mph.Don't labour the engine though...and no watching the display instead of reading the traffic either

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I have been recording both the actual MPG calculated after each fill, and the computed MPG by the on-board computer. Now covered 10,000 miles, actual is 36.1 but the computer tells me 38.8, a7% adverse difference.

The onboard computer is extremely unreliable compared to the calculated figure, at best it was within 1%, but at worst there was a 15% difference. Do not think this is uncommon, a friend with a Jaguar XF reports similar discrepancies.

It is improving over time, but the use of air-con of the last few weeks has knocked it back considerably!

·
Registered
258 Posts
500+ mile round trip, mostly motorways, some A roads, air con on constantly - computer said 51.5mpg! Happy days. Totaled about 1200 miles now and thats sitting at 47 I think.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
rcg - I too keep a log of actual vs calculated consumption and find the two to be within 0.3 L / 100km most of the time, which is a 4% difference. And yes, the calculated consumption is always better than the actual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm finding a consistent 6-7% discrepancy between the actual and reported MPG.

Still, based on the actual consumption and with a very light right foot I'm getting more or less the advertised numbers in warm weather.

Go above 70mph or put your foot down too much around town (i.e. realistic driving!) and you can forget it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
In the last week of combined urban and dual carriageway driving I've averaged 43 mpg. First week I had the car I was just over 49 mpg, but haven't been able to recreate it for some reason.

·
Registered
139 Posts
LJR69 said:
In the last week of combined urban and dual carriageway driving I've averaged 43 mpg. First week I had the car I was just over 49 mpg, but haven't been able to recreate it for some reason.
Could it be the fuel you are using? Was the initial mileage done using fuel your dealer provided and you now use supermarket fuel? Just a thought.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts