Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Those are some good figures Caveman - is that city, country or combined driving?

Also, is that the computer figure, or actual calculation after you've filled up?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No such thing as a city up here apart from Helsinki...where I live it's all small villages, so mostly a steady 60 or 80 KPH on all roads around here with the occasional 100/120 bit. It ain't a fast car so no point trying to drive it like one...just relax and let the torque waft you along in comfort.

Reading is straight off the trip - I have only filled up once right outside the dealer with about 90Eur worth so not had chance to calculate actual between fills yet.

Not that I particularly give a hoot, my others would stuggle to get into double figure MPG so I ain't gonna save the planet or my wallet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i average 50mpg ( at least thats what the computer says ), driving for 1300 miles, combined driving, be easy on the pedal, don't go to fast and change gear at the right time, so it is possible to get good mpg. have had it at 52, but think getting 57 would be hard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just competed 1000 miles, and overall 44.3mpg.
Recently did a 120 mile round trip, and for that it showed at 50.3 !

Admittedly that trip was light footed and stuck at 56mph behind numerous commercial vehicles on a road that is poor for overtaking.

Normal driving includes towns, A roads, Dual Carriageways and odd back lanes to get to clients.

Really impressed with the whole package so far, and hope that when fully run in and loose that the overall MPG will improve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
33. I'm not very impressed with the mpg to be honest. My civic type-R would do 30 and I drove that as a hot hatch should be driven.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Based on the usage of a full tank in combined driving but mainly on the motorway in each case:Worst: 33MPG (average speed 94MPH, temp below 0°C, into the wind)
Best: 55MPG (average speed 60MPH, temp above 10°C)

With pure motorway driving at around 60MPH it's possible to get up to 70MPG in warm conditions - I've done it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One more point: The bord computer consistently under estimates fuel usage by 5 or 6%. Calibration error I guess. I'd advise making your own measurement.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Using my own manual calculation, and assuming that the dealer brimmed the tank for my collection, I got 33.89mpg on my first tank full.
Just done the drive from Broadstairs to Swindon (about 165 miles, mostly motorway) and car computer indicated 46.5mpg.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Have clocked up 1,553 miles so far. Return trip from Broadstairs via A299, M2, M20, M26, M25 & M4 is around 165 miles. The fuel consumption was an indicated 47.3mpg having averaged around an indicated 80mph on the motorway. Well pleased with that!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Did the same Broadstairs to Swindon journey yesterday & got an indicated 47.6mpg, still averaging an indicated 80 to 85mph on the motorways where conditions allowed. Well happy!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts