Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that it has been several days since this kicked. I am aware as to how it should work, but this morning in neutral while standing after 30 minutes driving with the temp gauge reading 12c the engine did not stop.

Anyone got any idea what computer check and balance may be preventing it from engaging in these circumstances?

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
One of the criteria is the difference between interior actual temperature and the set temperature on the heating controls. On Audis, I think if the interior temperature is lower than set temperature by more than 5 degrees or so, then stop/stat won't activate. I understand this works the other way around as well, I.e. if it is hot outside and the interior temp is higher than the set temp by more than about 5 degrees and you have the aircon on.

Maybe the Evoque has similar criteria?

·
10,626 Posts
We have two car at home fitted with stop/start.

It will only kick in if a. the engine temperature reaches a specific warm up point, b. the system monitors battery condition and load, so if you have the heated screen on, headlights on, a/c etc it won't necessarily active. In my little Punto at least a message come up in the instrument panel saying s/s unavailable.

Incidentally at this time of year if I pull up to a stop I switch the headlights off, then back on once s/s has fired back up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. Yes, I have read the manual and know the constraints on when the system should operate but it still fails to do so even when as far as I can see the dependencies should not be there. I can only put it down now to an error. I will contact the dealer.

Lee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, can you tell me whether you solved this problem and what was causing it please? Mine is doing the same and I've waited a couple of weeks to see if it corrected itself but it hasn't. Do I need to take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine works far far earlier after starting up than i had imagined, i am actually quite impressed by it as i thought i would never use the feature given the driving i do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi guys, i find that the start/stop does not function when the a/c is switched on.
Other than that, it seams to be pretty consistent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After about 3 weeks not working under any circumstances, mine has mysteriously started working normally again. Hopefully it will stay working.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Alfie said:
After about 3 weeks not working under any circumstances, mine has mysteriously started working normally again. Hopefully it will stay working.

perhaps because the ambient temperature has warmed up?

If its below a certain temp it wont work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, if anything it was colder! From the list in the handbook (pasted below), I think the only one that could possibly account for it is the "DPF is regenerating" - I wonder if it might have become stuck on for some reason. Or the car's software thought one of the listed conditions applied when it didn't really. It's still working perfectly at the moment so fingers crossed, though I would be interested to understand what the issue was. Thank you very much.
CONDITIONS PREVENTING AUTOMATIC ENGINE STOP
The engine will not automatically stop if:-
""¢ the external temperature is below approximately 0°C (32°F)
""¢ the external temperature is above approximately40°C (104°F)
""¢ engine has not reached operating temperature
""¢ driver's seat belt is not fastened
""¢ driver's door is not fully closed
""¢ the driver's foot is on either the clutch or accelerator pedals
""¢ climate control system demand is high
""¢ battery charge is low
""¢ the DPF is regenerating
""¢ HDC or a Terrain Response special program are selected

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hy guys,

My eco start/stop has completely stopped working, in all circumstances, since a couple of months. The dealer couldn't find anything unusual, LR told him we hjave to wait for a SW-update. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Yes mine has been the same, several months now it has just stopped. My previous car was the Freelander eD4 and I had no problems with the stop/start on that car. J have read some threads that blame this on various conditions, other than having the AC on or having a remote device like a phone plugged in, then I can not see why this does not work, like I said, the Freelander worked perfectly hence why I have noticed this not kicking in. I collected mine March 1st 2012.

·
10,626 Posts
I'm guessing that this might be down to battery condition, as the load or drain whichever is quite high.

Mine is intermittent.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine stopped too but booked it in with dealer and all fixed. Apparently the charge level setting was too high so they adjusted it and all good since

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today my Evo would not restart at traffic the battery light came on, and then I had to press the stop start button twice, turn off and restart, missed the green light twice . the only power being consumed at the time was
<ul>[*]driving lights[*] blower without the air [*] dab radio, [/list]

anybody had this problem, the car is only three days old

·
Registered
363 Posts
Could it be a faulty battery?Did the attempts at starting again sound in anyways like the battery was losing it "oomph"?
Hope you get the issue resolved pretty quickly and that there is a simple explaination.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My stop start has stopped too.

Dealer was going to take It In, but theyhave now been advised by LR that there Is a software Issue and are working on It and may do a recall for those with a problem or doa general recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, according to my local dealership there is a "technical" issue with the Eco function ot working correctly, so causing the engine to either not stop or re-start prematurley and Land Rover are "working on the fault"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi allgot the same Star/stop problem with mine (bought in July 2012). Took it to the dealer (Spain) and they said it was a software problem the company was working on. Apparently, the system indicates that the car is running out of battery and that's why the system is not working. they'll get back to me when they have it fixed. I'm a bit concerned to be honest, as when cars start giving problems so soon is really bad signal.
I'll see how it goes and let you know guys
J777

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had issues with my stop/start, on two occasions I have had an error message on the dashboard. Had the car three weeks and it has gone in today to have it check out, along with a few little issues:

1. Issue with Smart key, locked my out once
2. Car losing the memory of mirror and seat positions
(1&2 believed to be related)
3. Incredibly slow response on touchscreen - not all the time though
4. Loose trim on passenger doors and rear passenger side bumper
5. A real cluck when moving from 1 to 2 gear only

... and a quote to repair a scratch, someone kindly left on the rear passenger wheel arch.
Apart from this minor issues, I love the car - great drive and getting around 35mpg after 1,400miles but expecting to see this increase over time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts