Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Am about to test/order but I'm drawn (on paper at least) to the Dynamics look etc but wondered if it's going to be too firm (similoar to Audi S-Line) so am hoping cos it's a Rangie it won't be too bad. Any views on this as I'm test driving a Prestige tomorrow which I'm sure will be fine but we travel to Spain a lot & the roads there near our house are crap.

Having said that we had an Audi A3 S-Line which wasn't so bad so if it's better than that it'll be ok. Anyone driven both or got views on either.

Thanks in advance.

Gaz

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a Dynamic and there's no way anyone could describe the ride as hard. If anything, I think it is too soft, even in Dynamic mode. The Dynamic interior is absolutely fine, fit for purpose and I think will wear better than the more luxurious leather in the Prestige which may be great to touch but needs looking after and can stretch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to own an A3 Sline, followed by a BMW Msport Coupe - both with incredibly hard rides. Test drove both a prestige and dynamic and they were like floating on clouds compared to both! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Dynamic comes with the Adaptive Dynamics as standard (which is on all the time)and this is truly amazing!! It really soaks up the bumps and the potholes and is truly an engineering masterpiece. It also enables a Dynamic mode which firms the ride and makes the handling like my old mark IITT (but certainly not hard as Mark_ N has said).
Dynamic all the way!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
what is the difference between dynamic mode and dynamic adaptives. My dynamic does not have the dynamic mode but would like to find out more about dynamic adaptive? is that just something in thesuspension?

·
Registered
174 Posts
**** that car is cheap in the uk. It also explains why you have so many SD4 engines, TD4 is not an option on the dynamic apparently. In Belgium the prestige is the more expensive version and you can only get adaptive dynamics on the SD4 engine. I should move to your country :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cedric said:
**** that car is cheap in the uk. It also explains why you have so many SD4 engines, TD4 is not an option on the dynamic apparently. In Belgium the prestige is the more expensive version and you can only get adaptive dynamics on the SD4 engine. I should move to your country :)

The Prestige is also more expensive than the Dynamic in the UK (by about £500) if you have the adaptive dynamics option. In the UK, you also can't have a TD4 Dynamic, nor can you have an Si4 Prestige.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts