Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have recently purchased a 2012 dynamic lux. 20""� tyres.
Whilst I appreciate they do have a hard ride, I'm finding that the slightest bump in the road is making the car come down with an extremely hard thud. This isn't as noticeable driving than it is being a passenger. In the front passenger seat I do bounce up out of the seat. Surly this cannot be normal?
Does anybody know what could be causing this?
We did test drive the car, but the roads were very smooth where we were.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,967 Posts
Hi and welcome
. I'll let someone more knowledgeable comment on the suspension but I don't think what you are experiencing sounds right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you - no Im nearly certain it isn't! It is from a forecourt (not lr dealership) and we do have a warrenty, but it had w full service before we picked it up and as far as we are aware there are no problems.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Once of the most common causes of a very harsh ride is tire pressure. Here in the US, dealers, as well as tire shops, for some reason, love to over inflate the tires. The first, and easiest thing to check is the tire pressures. The correct pressures should be listed on a sticker on the driver's side door jam.

·
10,626 Posts
I've had two Lux's and what you are describing doesn't sound normal, but the road conditions may affect this.

My suggestion to you is to drive another Lux, preferably from the dealer where you bought your car for comparison and to have one of the dealers guys go out with you in your car to demonstrate the problem.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
In standard mode on the AD, the ride certainly can't be described as harsh.

You need to check if there is any difference switching dynamic mode on, and then reverting to standard mode. There should be a markedly noticeable difference in ride firming up with Dynamic mode enabled. If not, then I'd say there was a fault.

If you drive it around all the time with Dynamic mode active because you like the fact the dials are red, then I'm afraid you WILL have a harsh ride over even the slightest rough surface as it effectively damps down the shocks (think thicker oil in them rather than thin and fluid oil)

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
a 2012 Dynamic Lux will have the Dynamic suspension so as trapdoor mentions see if the Dynamic mode is having any effect.

There have been cases of suspension struts locking up, so do you have any body roll in corners, particularly in Normal mode.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
How do you switch between modes then?

·
Super Moderator
11,967 Posts
Where the snow settings etc are

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
there's a windy road symbol on the centre console, when you press the arrow it will light and a message on the dash centre will say Dynamic mode selected and the dials turn red.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Just nipping out, back in a mo

·
Super Moderator
11,967 Posts
I don't think you'll have it. MY16 it became an option. I don't have it but wish I did.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
No I don't, got normal, snow, mud and ruts and sand, theres a gap where a light should be between snow and mud and ruts, pressumably it would be there

·
Super Moderator
11,967 Posts
Same as mine. At least you've got your LED's

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Remember me kicking off when I found out

My brother had an My15 evoque hse dynamic - so I ordered the MY16 HSE Dynamic....silly me thinking a dynamic would have the dynamic mode.
NOPE.....it was a standard fit pre MY16 facelift ........and then dropped and only added as an extra.....only the dealer was unaware - I wasnt happy.
I now have that button though.....I wasnt going to be beaten....

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts

on the left

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Just checked Doink and you have a MY15 ?
Thats strange that yours doesnt have it as standard.....must have been a very late MY15 model?

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Ive got it it's great !!! Red speed dials

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
November MY15, one of the first facelift models i'm guessing

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Did you know it does more than change the dials red Donna