Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not changed but have the disco for a while. It has the ingenium Diesel engine so I was keen to try. Not sure which version yet but I guess 180bhp. The engine seems quite free revving and pulls reasonably well, but if you plant your foot down, not a lot happens. On the little hill towards by home I needed to drop into first (manual) which was a surprise! Maybe the autos with 9 speed may be a better bet. To be honest I think it's all most people need but is sure not sporty. I got high 30s mpg on a standard drive home with traffic, bit of the m5 and B roads...........The manual gearbox felt good but hard to tell at 250 miles.... A good sold feel and medium throw.
With normal wheels and tyres the ride was ok. A bit bouncy and nothing on a dynamic ride but reasonable.
The interior borrows many parts from the evoque but my model is a step down in most areas. A horrible rattle from the back is driving me mad already! The steering feels weighted just like my dynamic and driving position is good. The infotainment system is all new but nothing out of this world. It is far more current and the maps look fresh.
I'm not overly keen on the looks of the car but it has a very large boot and will no doubt suit a large market.
The seat bases are comfortable but overall, this model lacks adjustment. I also tried the seats in the my16 evoque and they have sorted the pinch for sure........i prefer the look of the originals but hate the tight sides.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hmm interesting.

I'm weighing up the Disco Sport as I'll need to order
a new car next year and was thinking of getting a petrol
DiscoSport and ditching all the leather etc to stay in budget.
(Black leather is painful down here anyway.

What's it like dimension-wise? The Evoque seems to be the perfect
size, even in the tiny car parks you get over here, but the 'Sports
I've seen seem not only longer but also higher.

I'm from Stroud originally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turned out mine was the 150 bhp version so not impressed with 34mpg!!!! But I guess the 180bhp model may be reasonably quick.
The car grew on me gradually. It felt smaller than the evoque on the road. It is quite long however. Big boot. I specked up one could be nice...

·
Registered
1 Posts
its the same platform as the Evoque so it should be similar in most areas. The disco rattled on the test drive and that pushed the wife to the Evoque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts