Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow evoquians

After taking a test drive yesterday i have taken the plunge and ordered a Dynamic 3 door petrol, I pretty much new the spec I wanted after spending much time over the last few months on the internet configuator but the dealer is trying to pursuade me to add the lux pack

I defo want the following:
Power tailgate
Pano roof
Auto dip rear view mirror
Audio upgrade

Which are all in the lux pack but im not bothered with keyless entry (as i like to check ive locked the door-so wont be able to as it would open again!) not bothered with surround cameras, blind spot monitor or tv (as will prob be used twice-although cool gadget!)
The dealer is telling me it will add to the value but it also costs £2k extra over my orig spec

- any advice would be appreciated, cheers

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
I take it your original spec includes the 4 options mentioned in your post.

If it does I'd stick to your guns and go for your original choice, residual prices are always subjective.

My dealer said to go for the tech pack as I'm going for a Pure, which should help residuals, which may be true, but buying a new car becomes very emotional, heart ruling over the head.

In other words don't pay for what you don't need or use.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Evo-king, yes those four options were in my original spec, i think i will stick with that as it has loads of gadgets on it anyway and a tv is a bit ott

Is yours still on time, had any delays?

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Believe it or not we are now making enquiries into a number of used Pure Tech pack models, will be making a lot of phone calls tomorrow.

Can't wait for May June 2012.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The dealer is just trying to get you to spend more. The Lux pack contains stuff which may be cool but will not be a buying priority down the road. The dealer may be right that it will add to the resale value but it does to the initial cost also and you will end up losing money.

I think you have the most important options - painted roof maybe, I have also gone for a real spare wheel. The cans of gunk just don't work. The stereo upgrade is expensive and most are saying the standard stereo is fine. Finally, I've gone for the surround camera system because I think it will help parking what is a very wide car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about the black roof but prefer the body colour against the black panoramic roof, i also went for the spare wheel as you know it will work and get you home!

The stereo upgrade is expensive but it is defo a better sound as i tried both at the weekend and i have bose in my current car and love the extra base and would so miss it

All the above is just personal taste though

i have decided to stick to my original spec, as like you say it may be worth more but it definetly will cost more

·
Registered
59 Posts
LUX pack will be a must have for a large proportion of used Evoque buyers who have choices down the line, in the same way as the Chilli Pack is a must have for used MINI buyers. This is particularly true for the Dynamic Si4 & SD4, being top of the range. The LUX pack is good value for the extras supplied and should be added if you can stretch to it, as it will recover the majority of the cost and should make the resale easier and you will have enjoyed the gizmos along the way.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Our car: Si4 Coupe LUX Fuji/Fuji with Pursuit. TPMS, Homelink & full spare wheel. Delivery 18th October.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mmm i thought id made my mind up, but you do have a point as i searched a long time to find my SL with all the right options and still didnt get everything i wanted

Morgan do you know if the keyless entry can be locked with the button on the key?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And also if you push the door handle to lock it can you still pull on the handle to check its locked or would that open it again? As i always like to check its locked, bit OCD i know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe you can use the keyfob to lock the car just like you would with a standard remote locking car if you like, alternatively you simply touch the two grooves on the door handle to lock it. Pulling the handle to check it's locked will indeed open it though! If you just want to check it's locked though it shouldn't be too bad as you physically touch the door handle to lock it, plus the wing mirrors will fold in when it's locked too as I understand it.

I've been contemplating upgrading my spec to the full Lux pack too. I'm currently only going for Pano roof and Keyless entry out of the Lux pack myself so it would be a £3k price hike to the full Lux pack. I know I'd get a fair amount of it back come resale time, as the Dynamic Lux is considered a model in its own right, but most of the extra stuff in the Lux pack that I wasn't speccing already I don't think I'd ever really use and would solely be there for showing off to friends! ;)
Edited by: simonc

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh right if the mirrors fold on locking then that would be good, have you ordered the Lux pack?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not as my order currently stands and I will probably be keeping it that way - unless I see a really convincing financial argument to do so (e.g. if a Dynamic Lux will actually be worth more than £3000 over a regular Dynamic come resale - which I doubt).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agree with simonc regarding keyless locking, with the addition that a red flashing LED can be seen on door and dash to confirm, if the folding mirrors leave any doubt. Keyless is a must have once experienced.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
As I said in my previous entry, add the LUX pack if you can, but it will only recover the majority (>50%) of the original outlay and enjoy the toys while you can, most of which (excl. TV) will be very useful. Residuals of the Evoque will be some of the best in the industry, whichever model you buy. Just be sensible with specification Pure with Tech = good, but no more toys unless these are essential for your needs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am fotunate in already having received my Evoque, Prestige with Lux pack and can thoroughly recomend it, the dealer was correct in that the used market will virtually demand the lux spec on either the dynamic or prestige versions. By the way the car is much better than expected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts