Evoque Owners Club banner

Dummy vents

9K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  Whilliam 
#1 ·
Has anyone got the template for the evoque bonnet vents.

I did email the powerful accessories But they said no chance

thanks

#2 ·
There was something on here just last week about this very subject.
hopefully someone will be along with the details.

#3 ·

#8 ·
I didn't think the bonnet needed cut. I thought they just stuck on.

#10 ·
AY?????

#11 ·
#15 ·
You will on mine because I have proper VENTS, those with pre facelift cars without vents have to make do with stick on vents of the DUMMY variety so no hole so yes not really a vent but I thought that was the reason they were called DUMMY VENTS, vents for dummies
;)

Reactions: Maffy
#17 ·
Popping out to pull one off to find a hole is not something I want my neighbours to see Donna, I'm surprised at you, pure filth!

Reactions: 9492 and XZ4
#19 ·
I’m pretty sure I have holes, but I suppose we all have our problems.

Reactions: 9492
#20 ·
I also had a weird love for the vents but didn't want the dummy ones on mine (was always scared that they'd rip off or worse look tacky).

So i purchased a new bonnet with some original vents (and yes they do have holes) and just swapped bonnets.

I wasn't going to cut holes in my bonnet, and wanted the real thing, so opted to change the bonnet instead.

I was very pleased with the result.

#21 ·
I fitted some dummy vents this week they literally stick on with strong 3m tape, heat from the sun will make them adhere over time, I never used a template but I measured out same both sides, but after I had done that I then looked at dynamic etc and they seem to be further down the bonnet to where I had put them but nevermind still look nice 😁

#25 ·
Your right, they look good, someone would have to be really arsy to pick up on them.-your only about an inch out I think from the angle.
Good Job Mr!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.