Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
2013 pure tech 2.2 AWD
I fitted some dummy vents this week they literally stick on with strong 3m tape, heat from the sun will make them adhere over time, I never used a template but I measured out same both sides, but after I had done that I then looked at dynamic etc and they seem to be further down the bonnet to where I had put them but nevermind still look nice 馃榿

Registered
Your right, they look good, someone would have to be really arsy to pick up on them.-your only about an inch out I think from the angle.
Good Job Mr!

Registered
2013 pure tech 2.2 AWD
Yeah thanks I knew they were out after looking at proper ones, also these look exactly like real ones but obviously not sunken into the bonnet

Registered
MIne didn't look sunken either (and they were part of the car) and were fitted badly so you have done a great job.

Registered
2013 pure tech 2.2 AWD
Cheers Maffy! And Whilliam I have no idea? Maybe just for aesthetics 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Think they just look pretty and make the car look rugged-I couldn't see any benefit to them

Reactions: PhilB

Registered
There is some kind of big rubber tube thingy that goes up to them, (you can see the level of my engineering expertise here) so I think they are for some kind of air intake.

Registered
Mine were factory fitted (HSE Dynamic) there was nothing at all that looked like that under my bonnet-maybe on the new ones mine was 2017!
Still think they were a gimmick add on, but happy to be proved wrong.

Registered
I鈥檒l try to have another look tomorrow & maybe take a pic. I have no idea what I鈥檓 doing under the bonnet so I might well be mistaken, it鈥檚 probably the dip stick or something 馃く

Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
There'll be some technical reason for fitting them, but you'd think that all models would therefore need them.

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
I think they are purely a styling thing. Up to 2015 they were standard on the 3 door but not fitted to the 5 door. I can't see the number of doors having any influence on bonnet vents.

Reactions: PhilB and Maffy

Registered
Wot he said 鈴

Registered
There is some kind of big rubber tube thingy that goes up to them, (you can see the level of my engineering expertise here) so I think they are for some kind of air intake.
I don't have the vents and still have the black plastic tube thing.
Is this what you mean ?
20190831_102850.jpg

When I first picked mine up I queried this and they didn't know as it was one of the first.
It gets pretty hot as it sits on top of the engine with the bonnet closed.
The air intake is between the skins of the bonnet and this pipes directly into that.
It's thought it helps to warm the engine quicker from cold and help with economy and emissions.
A bit like the "venetian blind" that sits in front of the engine and opens and closes depending on engine temp.

Registered
Mine were just holes in the bonnet with vents attached-did nothing at all.

Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
You'd think if they were needed on one model then they'd be needed on all.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts