Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Starting a new thread more specific to my current fault.

My 2013 Dynamic Evoque is suffering from a "Gearbox Fault" - it happens randomly at any time (during accelerating, cruising at 60 etc). Just before the Gearbox Fault appears on the Dash, DSC turns off - I've scanned the car and there's no faults related to the Gearbox, just lost comms from other modules. I've replaced the Aux battery and ensured both that and the main are fully charged. There's no noticeable impact from the fault, no jerking etc - the car will remain in Cruise Control when it errors.

Does anyone have an idea?

TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a potential cause..? Lots of sticky liquid under the centre console, what looks to be a rubber band and some cables to my aftermarket apple carplay unit are exposed. Hmm...

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
668 Posts
Interesting, as everything is connected it is difficult to pinpoint. Last week I pulled out of the drive, steering went heavy and loads of faults appeared, DSC, special modes etc etc.
I thought it was the dreaded steering bolts but a re start and all was good for a short while then if happened again.
Turned out to be a rear ABS sensor, so a simple and cheap fix. Just wonder if it is showing an abs sensor fault amongst all the ‘noise’ off the comms errors

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, as everything is connected it is difficult to pinpoint. Last week I pulled out of the drive, steering went heavy and loads of faults appeared, DSC, special modes etc etc.
I thought it was the dreaded steering bolts but a re start and all was good for a short while then if happened again.
Turned out to be a rear ABS sensor, so a simple and cheap fix. Just wonder if it is showing an abs sensor fault amongst all the ‘noise’ off the comms errors
Unfortunately not on this occasion, the rear-right did have to get replaced a few months ago, though.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,325 Posts
The sticky liquid sounds like a worry, I’ve never had the centre console open but would expect it to be clean and dry.
Check all the connections and use some contact cleaner, especially around the terrain response button connections.
Good Luck…

Reactions: vtyr and Binty

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update on this. Took my car to a reputable garage who diagnosed a faulty EGR, Haldex Pump failure and the cause of my battery/electrical issues - previous owner had a tracker fitted which kept draining the battery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts