Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
MY13 2.2 SD4 Diynamic AWD 5dr
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 4 drone sites I needed to shoot yesterday and spent about 4 hours driving, 130 miles, quite a bit of it off-road. It was a good test for me to see how the Evoque handled.

I was pleased to find out that there were no issues, other than I grounded the bottom once. No issues either with my 20" alloys and 245/45 R20 tyres.

At one stage, I was going up a completely overgrown track for about 2 miles, the grass in between the tracks was as high as the bumper.

Sadly, the carwash and polish the day before was soon trashed 馃槄

But to summarise, and hopefully allay any fears about 20" alloys, the Evoque is a mighty capable machine. I cleaned the car again this morning, and there is not so much as ding or scratch on the wheels or spoiler. Very impressed ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple of links to yesterday's drone 360 panoramics ...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without the Evoque, I wouldn't have been able to get some of these shots ...

Milk Hill, highest point in Wiltshire

Alton Barnes White Horse, on Milk Hill

Caen Hill Locks, one of the longs series of canal locks in the UK

Dundus Aqueduct, near Bath

Nunney Castle, near Frome

Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
Looks like you and the Evoque have done the business. Awesome pictures; those last two above are great shots and the drama of the clouds really come into play with the all around pictures that you linked.(y)馃憦

Reactions: slaine

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you and the Evoque have done the business. Awesome pictures; those last two above are great shots and the drama of the clouds really come into play with the all around pictures that you linked.(y)馃憦
Cheers @Bluefire65 (y) In the first 360 panorama link, if you look down in the photo and zoom in ... you can just about see me sitting on a bail of hay, controlling the drone 馃槄

Registered
No crop circles?...pah, other than that nice pics :D

• Haha

Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
Great post Slaine (y)

Love the super high def 360 drone pictures and also giving your lovely shiny Evoque some, along those tracks.

Is this your job or hobby?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great post Slaine (y)

Love the super high def 360 drone pictures and also giving your lovely shiny Evoque some, along those tracks.

Is this your job or hobby?
Cheers David (y)

Yes, it was a good day. Droning is just a hobby, although the Mrs thinks it's an addiction :ROFLMAO: I've always loved photography, and drones nowadays allow you to capture stuff that was impossible before. I have CAA UAV certification and am insured for commercial flights too - so I can get paid to drone if the chance arises!

Just got back from some sunset droning a few minutes ago. That's me and my Evoque, about 180 feet below in the middle.

Plant Natural environment Natural landscape Land lot Tree

Registered
If you could just link your drone at 20 feet above and in front of you, while driving, you could see round the next blind bend :D

• Haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Registered
MY15 2.2L
Keep seeing the "Droning..." as another haldex, wheel bearing thread :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did a few around Ironbridge earlier this week just as the early morning mist was lifting.
Really nice photos. With the 3rd one, as its a 360 pano, you could upload it to Kuula (free) and view it as a sphere or tiny planet.

I have a few here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are some more I've taken this week. The pano roof makes a great take off/landing, plus, if needed I can sit in the car whilst taking off and landing 馃槀

Registered
Nice. Where is the location of photo 3, I would not mind one of those water front holiday homes as a stayvocation :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice. Where is the location of photo 3, I would not mind one of those water front holiday homes as a stayvocation :D
Summer Lake, Cotswold Water Park, Ashton Keynes 馃憤

Registered
Summer Lake, Cotswold Water Park, Ashton Keynes 馃憤
Thanks, just checked it on google earth, and that lake is really just a fish pond, no good for my boat. I will just stick to sailing on Loch Lomond at present, which is near my house LOL :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts