Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
I just read that actually, Auto does not select Eco or Dynamic driving programs, because these are "program options for a required driving style". The whole point of Auto is to facilitate the option change when driving in mixed terrain types. This is why in my case, I guess AUTO probably equals Comfort most of the time 馃槀 . So I have to manually switch to dynamic when driving my twisty roads home...

Registered
On my handover for road driving it was the usual ECO, comfort and Dynamic if necessary.
I was told the Auto feature mainly was for off-road situations if people were having problems deciding the right mode to use as in you find all things like muddy snow and ruts with sand and gravel...............:D
I can see though that it is a catch-all for all situations.
However be aware of the driveline disconnect which can save you fuel on the motorway as it goes to FWD only.
I know in Dynamic it stays in AWD but at least you know it will operate in comfort mode.
Do I trust the car to do it in auto ?
Nope.
So I'll keep things under my control.

Registered
On my handover for road driving it was the usual ECO, comfort and Dynamic if necessary.
I was told the Auto feature mainly was for off-road situations if people were having problems deciding the right mode to use as in you find all things like muddy snow and ruts with sand and gravel...............:D
However be aware of the driveline disconnect which can save you fuel on the motorway as it goes to FWD only.
I know in Dynamic it stays in AWD but at least you know it will operate in comfort mode.
Nope.
Good point. Maybe Auto is not ideal in everyday situations.
Now what's driveline disconnect and where do I see the setting?

Registered
Now what's driveline disconnect and where do I see the setting?
On the vehicle screen press the mountain symbol on the left.
This will take you to the offroad extras screen on the main screen.
There's one on there that shows a graphic of the AWD system including the amount of power going to each driveshaft and when the driveline disconnects normally when you are travelling at a fairly constant speed.

Registered
On the vehicle screen press the mountain symbol on the left.
This will take you to the offroad extras screen on the main screen.
There's one on there that shows a graphic of the AWD system including the amount of power going to each driveshaft and when the driveline disconnects normally when you are travelling at a fairly constant speed.
Thanks ! yes, I see where that mountain icon is. The online manual calls it "4x4i" :) I haven't paid much attention as the owner manual dubs that "off-road information"... and I haven't been really off-road yet. I'll check that out tomorrow before driving to work!

Registered
Nope.
So I checked all modes mentioned (ECO, Dynamic, Auto and Comfort) on my P250. All of them do switch to 2WD when driving on highways / at constant speed, or when slowing down to a halt. Even Auto. Probably because when driving on roads, it switches to comfort anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
I think the overall issue as raised originally for this topic is that the modes change when you switch the car on/off, which is annoying IMO. It should default to the mode you drove in last and then you get to change it if you need it. Or even better if it was set in some form of profile configurations so for example the husband and wife have two separate profiles and they get to chose their preferred driving modes, which the car will adapt to when each start the engine.

Maybe we are asking for too much from JLR..

Registered
Yeah, sorry, the topic somehow drifted from the original request. There was actually a debate whether all modes are retained after switch off and back on. In my case that works for all modes I usually drive with, i.e. Eco, Auto or Comfort.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts