Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to save the driving mode to Eco? Whenever I turn the car on it goes to comfort mode automatically by default, any way to change this?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not that I know of.
Default on start up is normal or comfort mode whatever you want to call it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I know of.
That’s so annoying.. I find myself forgetting to change it and half way to work I realise I’m driving in a different mode.. my 2016 Jag used to stay in the last mode I was driving in.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That’s so annoying.. I find myself forgetting to change it and half way to work I realise I’m driving in a different mode.. my 2016 Jag used to stay in the last mode I was driving in.
It changed across the JLR range a couple of years ago.
It used to last 6 hours from switch off but probably some "eco" thing.
:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Has ECO changed in the MY20. I thought it was only for switching on and off the stop/start.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Separate button in the vehicle screen to switch stop start on and off.
It's so unintrusive I leave it on which is a new thing as I always used to switch it straight off on the Jaaaaag.
Eco setting does all sorts of things to stop killing any more polar bears.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Separate button in the vehicle screen to switch stop start on and off.
It's so unintrusive I leave it on which is a new thing as I always used to switch it straight off on the Jaaaaag.
Eco setting does all sorts of things to stop killing any more polar bears.
wish it would turn off that stupid child!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have come across a few that seem to be stuck it either "Old Fart or Lady driver" Mode. :unsure: ;) Can this be changed??

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Had updates done when car in a fortnight ago for service. It used to default to vehicle comfort mode on start up now it defaults to climate control. Not too bothered as there are other aspects of the update that I like ut might get them to change default when things quiet down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had updates done when car in a fortnight ago for service. It used to default to vehicle comfort mode on start up now it defaults to climate control. Not too bothered as there are other aspects of the update that I like ut might get them to change default when things quiet down.
That’s a different thing. You can change what appears first on your screen through a setting but I don’t believe you can change the Driving Mode to stay on a different mode

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not that I know of.
That is strange, my Evoque will retain its last setting. Usually I drive in "Auto" setting ("dynamic" when climbing up twisty roads) and that is my default setting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That is strange, my Evoque will retain its last setting. Usually I drive in "Auto" setting ("dynamic" when climbing up twisty roads) and that is my default setting.
I'm not sure what you mean by "auto"?
It could be a difference in specs as you aren't in the uk.
But on the drive modes (ECO, Normal and Dynamic) in the uk versions it defaults to "Normal" on restart (small car logo on the screen) after switching off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "auto"?
It could be a difference in specs as you aren't in the uk.
But on the drive modes (ECO, Normal and Dynamic) in the uk versions it defaults to "Normal" on restart (small car logo on the screen) after switching off.
Right, I don't have Normal.
I have the following modes (they actually call that "Driving Programs" now):

from left to right: dynamic, ECO, comfort, grass/gravel/snow, muddy ruts, sand and AUTO.
On AUTO, the vehicle will automatically select the appropriate driving program for the current terrain.

PS: on an unrelated note, I just learnt now I can use the left button (aka "rotary control") to select the desired program, I always thought it was cumbersome to select the mode via the touchscreen while driving... that's the neat thing with LR, you never stop learning as there are so many options... 😂

·
Registered
430 Posts
Right, I don't have Normal.
I have the following modes (they actually call that "Driving Programs" now):
View attachment 3868

from left to right: dynamic, ECO, comfort, grass/gravel/snow, muddy ruts, sand and AUTO.
On AUTO, the vehicle will automatically select the appropriate driving program for the current terrain.

PS: on an unrelated note, I just learnt now I can use the left button (aka "rotary control") to select the desired program, I always thought it was cumbersome to select the mode via the touchscreen while driving... that's the neat thing with LR, you never stop learning as there are so many options... 😂
Yes, the one I'm talking about is called "Comfort" as in the little car.
Some refer to it as "Normal" as that is what it was always known as previously on other models.
I have never used the Auto button so perhaps that one does stay as default mode as well.
I thought it a bit weird they give all those individual options and then an auto button as well.
:D
Yep, those rotary buttons can do an awful lot more also using the push in thing to change features.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I mostly leave mine in the Auto mode... always defaults/stays in this mode.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts