I got my heart set on Range Rover evoque

I haven’t found one yet as I wanted creme interior or black white interior

I wanted black pac on it as well black wheels, in white / dark grey or red

Parking camera / glass roof / struggling to find

Has anyone seen any at any of the garages

Now my dilemma is my own car broke yet again in garage now it out

It lives there engine engine management light out

Range Rover evoque

A few people have said to me hope you got deep pockets because your gonna need money / then somebody else said to me it’s alright if you want it to sit on the drive / then I said I might do around 75 miles total a day then guy said try 75 miles a week I need the car to be reliable as I be doing a lot of country driving I will be taking out warranty

Now I am confused I don’t want to buy it then find it’s in garage

What are the costs like my own car is serviced at a dealer and I have warrenty

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome. Like all cars , if you search the internet all you get is problems. I've had 2, both for 2 years and no problems other than needing an early oil change on my 2nd one. Many more have reliable cars but don't tell others about them. If you're going to do 75 miles a day and it's Good running not town driving you'll be fine. If it's an Evoque you want just go for it.

Reactions: Maffy
#4 ·
Enjoy your search. Try Autotrader, Ebay and Pistonheads . Also

#5 ·
People tend only to join internet forums when a problem arises with their car and they need help and advice which is great, we're all evoque owners and we'll help out were we can, no one ever or not that I know of has gone to the trouble to sign up to a forum and tell us all how pleased they are with their purchase, how its never gone wrong and all that thus internet forums can be full of doom or gloom sometimes.

Every car has problems, you've said your other car is in the garage AGAIN

What is your budget and where in the UK are you, not street name and house number just county, how far are you prepared to travel?

Personally I would buy from an approved LR dealer, you'd get better piece of mind if you are as unsure as you appear, you get a 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 months from a back street trader, you get the change to extend the warranty too, free half day driving experience, LR assist who can be lifesavers and if ever needed you get a proper courtesy car like for like or better not no nissan micra

Reactions: Dawn21
#8 ·
People tend only to join internet forums when a problem arises with their car and they need help and advice which is great, we're all evoque owners and we'll help out were we can, no one ever or not that I know of has gone to the trouble to sign up to a forum and tell us all how pleased they are with their purchase, how its never gone wrong and all that thus internet forums can be full of doom or gloom sometimes.

What is your budget and where in the UK are you, not street name and house number just county, how far are you prepared to travel?

Personally I would buy from an approved LR dealer, you'd get better piece of mind if you are as unsure as you appear, you get a 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 months from a back street trader, you get the change to extend the warranty too, free half day driving experience, LR assist who can be lifesavers and if ever needed you get a proper courtesy car like for like or better not no nissan micra
Hi that’s great many thanks 😊 I Am based in West Midlands So I think anything up to
180 mile if I can find the right car

#6 ·
In my opinion Land Rover come low down in the reliability tables due to the niggly faults due to all the electronics on them these days. If you look at the reliability tables the likes of Mercedes and BMW are down there as well. My wife’s Hyundai i10 has been totally reliable but it’s a boring car, you don’t get in and think wow this is nice whereas getting into my Evoque feels has a completely different experience, just feels nice.
Depends really what you want from a car and how much you want to spend. If money is not too much of a problem then go for a main dealer car with warranty and just enjoy the experience because I’m sure you will.

#9 ·
Hi I agreee with you
my husband said the Hyundai he wants me to have reliable car
he says
I only buy cars that look nice But then I said why spend my money on something I don’t want then he said if it breakdown don’t call me ( ps I m buying it myself as well )
have you had any issues with yours will I be ok if I take out warrenty 😊

#10 · (Edited)
I couldn’t bear having a Hyundai parked on my drive. Nothing wrong with them if you aren’t interested in how a car looks, drives, feels etc. Probably quite reliable.

As has been pointed out, people use these forums because they have a probelm with their car. The vast majority of Evoque owners who don’t have anything wrong, don’t look for forums like this.

If you want an Evoque, buy one, there is a chance like with any car, especially used, that you might have the odd issue, but there is just as much chance that you will not.

your money, your choice. We are all different, I bought an Evoque, & I won’t be swapping it for a Hyundai anytime soon.

#12 ·
I’m on the waiting list 🤣

#13 · (Edited)
Well, we are forgetting basics...

Cars are for travelling from point A to point B (said by one of my colleague consultant who drives boring corolla).

A donkey cart can do A-->B!

So, if you have that kind of mentality that you want to do A-->B (70 miles trip/day) then you can look at reliability index and buy something which is reliable and may prove to be boring.

However, If you want to do A-->B in style then Evoque is for you. Some say that you have to have deep pockets and I agree with that statement. You got to be ready to spend on it if you want to keep it healthy.

#14 ·
Found one for you as per your requirements:

Its White Dynamic with black pack and comes with one year used JLR warranty.

#23 ·
Found one for you as per your requirements:

Its White Dynamic with black pack and comes with one year used JLR warranty.

hi many thanks 😊

#19 ·
Still can't agree with it, I think it's graceful lines align it more with the Range Rover image of class and ability.
The Discovery, now there's a car that's had it's lines totally discarded, ruined it's look in my humble opinion.

#20 ·
I have always liked the Evoque, but there was just something that put me off, until I saw the 2020 & I agree, I thought it looked more Range Rover than the previous models. Just my opinion, but that’s why I took the plunge & got one.

#25 ·
The 2 tone is Ivory/Lunar (cream/grey). Had this on our 2014 Dynamic Lux and it looks great. The light coloured headlining along with pano roof really lighten up the interior.

#27 ·
For Dawns ref heres the Ivory/Lunar on ours

#26 ·
Dawn you haven't ever said what your budget is, its difficult to search a car out when we don't know what you want to spend

#29 ·
You could be right

#42 ·
🤣 🤣
You can make a video of how you clean them....

8/10 people who got cream leather complains.
Speaking to some friends who are in trade and they moan about cream leathers as those cars are harder to sell.

so, each to their own.

DKZ, have they changes the rear seat configuration that middle seat is no more?

#36 ·
All black in the new Evoque, but in the RCZ I’ve had for 7 years......

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

other than a few wrinkles, still look like new 👀

Car Vehicle Car seat cover Car seat Family car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.