Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so firstly I have just changed the locking mechanism on my driver door as I read that was the common fault that stopped doors opening and it has not fixed the problem, the door can open from the inside but not the outside no matter what I do. Can anyone help me on how to fix this?

My passenger door is the same except I haven’t changed it’s module yet and the drivers door is much more crucial to me to get fixed.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I am stumped

thanks

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
173 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but when you changed the locking mechanism (the latch mechanism I am presuming), did you ensure that the bowden cable was connected that goes up to the outside handle ? Perhaps take the handle off to check that the cable is attached at that end correctly. It is a fairly easy job:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a silly question, but when you changed the locking mechanism (the latch mechanism I am presuming), did you ensure that the bowden cable was connected that goes up to the outside handle ? Perhaps take the handle off to check that the cable is attached at that end correctly. It is a fairly easy job:

I shall give it a look in the morning thanks for your reply, I checked everything but I didn’t remove the handle so I might do that and fingers crossed that’s the problem

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery? .. if not try disconnecting ... hard reset anything worth a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts