Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I read many posts about it on this forum however I am not 100% sure if the answer is simply to change the door latch.
1. on Friday I was unable to lock and unlock driver door using the key fob ( it happened before once or twice but didn't bother me )
2. on Saturday again I was unable to lock and unlock driver door using the key fob and low battery warning light/start engine came up
3. on Saturday afternoon I removed the lock and not noticed anything unusual however components feels a bit stiff, lubricated and put it back, still don't work
4. today I called roadside assistance, they checked battery and alternator and its all good, however they were unable to remove low battery warning massage and worked out what is the problem with the door. I was told that low battery warning may be caused by driving short distances. Currently I am doing max 5 miles per day. So I went for 30 minutes drive and low battery message disappeared.
5. at the moment I am only unable to lock and unlock driver door using the key fob

Are those two issues related?
Am I right thinking that door latch has to be changed based on above?
If yes what place would you recommend to buy reasonable priced door latch?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
225 Posts
Having had both these problems, I don't think the two issues are related.

I have had to replace two door locks which both looked perfectly serviceable. It was probably one of the motors or microswitches that had failed. I used one OEM lock and a cheap Chinese lock off ebay and they both work perfectly. Make sure you get the correct type though e.g. the locks for passive entry have a third motor.

Try charging the battery. If that doesn't cure the warning, buy a new battery.
(My battery tested good, but it still required changing and I now use that battery connected to a solar panel in my shed for lighting :)).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks rawpilot.
Do you know how I can find correct part number. I was advised that LR091354 only can be used. I am struggling to find aftermarket one. It looks like only genuine LR door latch is for sale :-( £££.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts