Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car finally arrived back - a full 4 weeks after original delivery and 3 and half since it went back with door lock problem.
Gladly that is resolved and the car is all shiny and looking good.
Unfortunately it has gained a rattle!
I've had a look underneath and it is the heatshield/protective plate on the DPF?
See photo.
It looks like the fixing on the DPF has rotted away?
So is this shield needed and if so how best to repair?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
6 year corrosion guarantee ?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Don’t know if this would be covered but I’d certainly call customer complaints and give it a go

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don’t know if this would be covered but I’d certainly call customer complaints and give it a go
Thank you - worse that can happen is I get a 'No'

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine suffered from a rattling heat shield just before I bought it and the whole DPF assembly was changed under warranty .

Reactions: mib150

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine suffered from a rattling heat shield just before I bought it and the whole DPF assembly was changed under warranty .
My car is 2016 so will be out of manufacturers warranty (unless its included with the anti-corrosion warranty).
I have an aftermarket warranty with it, so will have to check the small print.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
DPF replacement is covered on my third party warranty but only if it can’t be unblocked...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might just remove the shield?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Does the DPF not put out huge amounts of heat..... don’t park it in a hay field 😂

·
Registered
8,859 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
I’d be carefull you don’t leave it exposed to much if for example it gets really hot and your driving through puddles the reaction of steam might occur or do damage to the DPF as I imagine it acts as a guard as well ... I’d ask a independent or try my luck with warranty first , once the part is missing the any problem with DPF will be void if warranty get involved and I’d imagine it’s a expensive fix

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’d be carefull you don’t leave it exposed to much if for example it gets really hot and your driving through puddles the reaction of steam might occur or do damage to the DPF as I imagine it acts as a guard as well ... I’d ask a independent or try my luck with warranty first
Yes I think I will try my luck. Its obviously there for a reason so don't want to cause more issues!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine was still within the original warranty period at the time and was rattling at idle.

The dealer I bought it from took it to his local LR dealer and they said the DPF assembly would be changed under warranty as the heatshield had gone.

So I ended up with a new DPF at 44500 miles and I've been using Archoil AR6900D Max additive since the day I got it to try and prevent any future DPF/oil dilution issues.

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
117 Posts
Why not take it to a garage and ask them to weld it back on again. Looks like the mounting points have corroded away but an angle grinder and mig would fix that in half an hour.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Why not take it to a garage and ask them to weld it back on again. Looks like the mounting points have corroded away but an angle grinder and mig would fix that in half an hour.

And the heat from the welder might help with a proper regeneration 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Trevorguy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got in touch with local JLR dealer to ask the question "is the heatshield part of the exhaust system or DPF" they confirmed it is integral to DPF. With this being the case it looks as though this will be covered by the aftermarket warranty I have.
No doubt arguments whether its exhaust or DPF will commence soon!?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
What company is you’re 3rd path warranty with?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts