Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
211 Posts

"Diesel particulate filter check now required as part of MOT test.
The vehicle will automatically fail the MOT test if the filter had been fitted as standard but is found to be no longer present.
"
And as stated most MOT'er will "look" but are very hard to see. Some DPFs just look like a part of the exhaust system and I'd suggest a lot of MOT'ers will see a stainless box and state they can see a DPF.

Like I say, there is no way to check inside the DPF at this time without removing the exhaust, again who would do this on an MOT?

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
211 Posts
Not quite. They work at the JLR Whitley R&D Centre.
Sorry but I do not trust a lot of what is stated on R&D.

The Evoque is my wifes. I have a 335d 2016 BMW. R&D state the F30 335d cannot go above 700nm on the gearbox without failure..... so why in the BMW work are we seeing 850nm + and still working fine? R&D is subjective and you only know be pushing boundaries.

Remember back to the days when Saab R&D stated 220bhp was the maximum a FWD drive could accept. We now see 500bhp plus golf GTIs, Civic type Rs who don't struggle.

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
I’m lucky, my DOF has no trouble heating up due to the lay out of the 3 ltr V6 north/south as opposed to the transverse mounted 2 ltr.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry but I do not trust a lot of what is stated on R&D.

The Evoque is my wifes. I have a 335d 2016 BMW. R&D state the F30 335d cannot go above 700nm on the gearbox without failure..... so why in the BMW work are we seeing 850nm + and still working fine? R&D is subjective and you only know be pushing boundaries.

Remember back to the days when Saab R&D stated 220bhp was the maximum a FWD drive could accept. We now see 500bhp plus golf GTIs, Civic type Rs who don't struggle.
I get it mate, really. I'm just quoting someone who knows a **** sight more than I do. What surprised me after having a quick Google is the amount of places claiming it's a straight remap - I would have thought there would at least be some reconfiguration involving Pathfinder/SDD to get around the implied blocks. Although, there isn't a defeat mechanism around that hasn't been cracked if there's a profit to be made...

DPF/EGR/StopStart... just another **** sandwich that we're forced to eat in the name of fleet level emissions. I'm almost looking forward to the electric revolution.

Edit - blimey - the swear filter on here is set to pretty mild.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I just always type **** saves the filter from bleeping the ****ing thing 👍😆

Reactions: Valisk 61
21 - 25 of 25 Posts