Evoque Owners Club banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
This might be useful.
What they dont tell you is a regen starts once the DPF is full as soon as the car exceeds 40mph and is up to temperature.. so if that happens on the way to the shops then an interrupted regen occurs when you get there... and then another one on the way back, assuming you exceed 40mph.... and this will continue untill you do a longer trip..... if it is 50% full then a blast down the motorway may see you exit at 60% full .. that's just how it is

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
So, with all the different opinions of what & when a regen is, forced, passive, or whatever, can anyone explain why mine has never come up with any warnings 🤞🤞🤞 all the time I’ve had it & its 3 years old now. I almost never do any long runs, maybe one 7 mile journey twice a week, the rest of the time it gets several runs of between 1 & 3 miles a day.
I read on here that the architecture hadn’t changed from the old model to mine (MY20) so I don’t understand (not complaining though) why mine has never had any DPF issues 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I'd like to know too DK

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech
29 Posts
So, with all the different opinions of what & when a regen is, forced, passive, or whatever, can anyone explain why mine has never come up with any warnings 🤞🤞🤞 all the time I’ve had it & its 3 years old now. I almost never do any long runs, maybe one 7 mile journey twice a week, the rest of the time it gets several runs of between 1 & 3 miles a day.
I read on here that the architecture hadn’t changed from the old model to mine (MY20) so I don’t understand (not complaining though) why mine has never had any DPF issues 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
Interesting points.
it certainly sounds as if your regular journeys aren’t ideal for avoiding the issue. Do you use premium fuel.
My journey patterns are similar to yours, with occasional longer trips and I got to the stage of having the nearly full message every tank full. I started using Archoil and the warnings stopped coming until I forgot the additive on one fill and then had two messages fairly close together. Back on the Archoil and all seems good again.
When I do a regen I engage sport and paddle shift and just main 2 to 2500 rpm. I‘m not that close to a motorway so just try and do it on a longish stretch of A road.
it does seem as if some vehicles are more prone that others.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I do use Shell V Power diesel whenever possible, and if I have to put in Regular diesel I use 50ml Archoil per tank.
Maybe that’s the reason for it behaving itself 🤔

Reactions: cahardinge

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Never used any oil additives ourselves and always use brand named fuel stations, Esso, Jet, Texaco, Shell, BP, have never used supermarket fuel or Costco, we've done this in both our cars so far and never once had a dfp warning and our trips remained the same, love to know why some cars suffer and others don't

Edit, forgot to add we never use the expensive stuff like Shell V Power or BP Ultimate just the basic cheaper stuff

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
502 Posts
As of last week, my car will never, ever have a DPF problem again ;)
It is more powerful, has better mpg and doesn't suffer from oil dilution anymore.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Will it pass an MOT though or if your unlucky to be stopped by VOSA now the DVSA via the police conducting fuel tests looking for red diesel, I have been - car and works van, on both they checked fuel and emissions and van the weighed it and checked the back for waste AND wanted to see my waste carriers licence

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
502 Posts
Will it pass an MOT though or if your unlucky to be stopped by VOSA now the DVSA via the police conducting fuel tests looking for red diesel, I have been - car and works van, on both they checked fuel and emissions and van the weighed it and checked the back for waste AND wanted to see my waste carriers licence
Yes, it will pass the MOT. Tested emissions are unchanged. It looks completely standard.

Reactions: Doink

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,141 Posts
Edit, forgot to add we never use the expensive stuff like Shell V Power or BP Ultimate just the basic cheaper stuff
Cheapskate ;)

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Its the Scottish in me 😜

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I tried converting mine to electric, but the longest cable I could buy was only 2 miles long & I sometimes do a three mile journey, so I had to scrap that idea 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Biker
161 - 178 of 178 Posts