Evoque Owners Club banner

DPF filter won’t regenerate - error message

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JeffG 
#1 ·
I have a RR Evoque Ember 66 plate. 30k miles but only ever do local short trips.

My DPF amber warning light came on for the first time the other day, followed 5 minutes later by the red warning light.

I took it to my local garage and they tried to perform a regeneration but keep getting an error message. They have suggested I take it to the LR dealer which I’m dreading as I’ve read many posts saying they will suggest a new filter which is circa 5k!

Is it true there is a general problem with DPF filters on these models and can I claim through RR?

Otherwise does anyone know of any way around getting a new filter?

#2 ·
I have a 65 plate (2016) which I bought 14months ago. Last week the red engine warning light came on and we found it was the DPF. Took it to a garage £180 to clean it. Drove great for a week and then the light appeared again. Took it to a different garage they did the diagnostic check, quoted me £800 to have the filter removed, sent away for professional cleaning then refitted inc a 12 month warranty. The mechanic did a couple of other checks before removing the filter then came back to me saying the filter was clean. He went on to advise me to take it to JLR as there may be other issues. I believe it's a common problem and if so JLR should own up and fix the problem.
I can't afford a new filter at £5k.

#4 ·
I have a 65 plate (2016) which I bought 14months ago. Last week the red engine warning light came on and we found it was the DPF. Took it to a garage £180 to clean it. Drove great for a week and then the light appeared again. Took it to a different garage they did the diagnostic check, quoted me £800 to have the filter removed, sent away for professional cleaning then refitted inc a 12 month warranty. The mechanic did a couple of other checks before removing the filter then came back to me saying the filter was clean. He went on to advise me to take it to JLR as there may be other issues. I believe it's a common problem and if so JLR should own up and fix the problem.
I can't afford a new filter at £5k.
if you do a search in the box above there's a lot about the DPF .. a bit of light reading for you and hopefully some help :)

#9 ·
hi, am new to the forum...
I did a seach to begin with, so got a few posts to read (starting with this one).....

2016 model, but ours at 57k miles, is used daily on drives which average miles in the hundreds, lots of motorway miles....
Got about 10 threads i will read through to see if i can find a similar issue and solution (failed regen 4 times)

#10 ·
I have had my filter removed and sent away for a deep clean. It has been refitted and everything is working well again. Fortunately I had taken out a platinum RAC warranty and all repair, parts and labour were covered. I think the bill would have been in excess of £800 if I'd been out of warranty.
I love the car. But I believe that the DPF is a poor Achilles heel. ... not just for the Evoque but it seems it's problematic across the board.
The next car, which I would love to be a similar type, will need to be petrol or electric.
Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.