Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone help. My car front passenger door wont lock and my driver door wont open is this a common issue? my car is a 65 plate. 2 weeks ago i also had to replace the windscreen as it was leaking water really badly in the passenger side i was advised by Autoglass that when they checked it they couldnt see any glue marks etc which means the window was not safe and was a deathtrap. When i asked LR in Glasgow i was told they would charge me nearly £200 just to look at it. But i have read this is a common issue with RR Evoque.
Any advice would be great.

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Re the windscreen, Donna's car is in for the same just now and as far as I'm aware they have agreed not to charge. The door locks are a common problem and there are a few threads on here about them.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
I went through JLR complaints as TAGGARTS told me it wasn’t covered under warranty , then wanted money for it to be inspected so after dealing with JLR direct they eventually agreed to the repair it was booked in to be done on Monday but the power steeering went on Saturday so while there fixing that they will do windscreen too,,, unfortunately the dealerships can’t authorise screen repair so call JLR instead
Comes under Landrover experience

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Usually the problem with the door locks are either the electrical solinoid inside has packed in requiring a new door lock (they are a poor design and can be left with an unlocked door or a locked door), or its down to friction problems, so you have to check all moving parts and lubricate. One of my rear door locks packed in and was replaced under warranty. Only fault i had on the car in 5 years. (Its a very common fault on the Evoque)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also have the problem with the two front locks after 5 years of ownership. The car service centre I take it to quoted €900 for the two locks! Also said that if I don't change them.soon other things will start playing up as well, which I'm not sure if it's true.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Also have the problem with the two front locks after 5 years of ownership. The car service centre I take it to quoted €900 for the two locks! Also said that if I don't change them.soon other things will start playing up as well, which I'm not sure if it's true.
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately the door locks are a common failure. Obviously they will need replacing/fixing and it can be done using non-LR parts which works out cheaper. I'm not sure what your "service centre" means by other things playing up?! Perhaps get some other garage quotes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts