Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this car for just under 2 years ,3 door locks replaced. The driver door now needing replaced that’s the 4th door. Reversing camera now needs replaced.
Windscreen washer sensor had to be replaced. Paid for extra warranty thankfully... This runs out soon . Reversing camera costing just under £500. Car has only done 39000 miles extremely disappointed. Paid a lot of money for a car that I thought would give me no problems much cheaper cars have cost nothing .

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Always nice to see some Evoque photos from new EOC members :)

Reactions: Jonttt

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
550 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Had this car for just under 2 years ,3 door locks replaced. The driver door now needing replaced that’s the 4th door. Reversing camera now needs replaced.
Windscreen washer sensor had to be replaced. Paid for extra warranty thankfully... This runs out soon . Reversing camera costing just under £500. Car has only done 39000 miles extremely disappointed. Paid a lot of money for a car that I thought would give me no problems much cheaper cars have cost nothing .
I like the cut of your jib....... I love a good moan.......have you got it off your chest now :unsure:

But to put your mind a rest I can assure you that JLR are capable of worse on a much more expensive car :ROFLMAO:

The camera is an interesting one as mine got so foggy I could not use it for a few days recently (remarkably I;ve been using SWMBO Evoque more than ever in lockdown just to make sure it gets some use) but then it just cleared, completely and is back to like new.......I just presume it was the really cold wet weather we had and its now sorted itself out.......I’ll have to keep an eye on it or may even remove it and see if I can provide extra damp protection with silicon sealant

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
550 Posts
Which model have you got bro?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Door locks packing in are the achilles heel of Evoques :oops:

I was lucky with only one failure in 5 years.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,172 Posts
I never had a door lock fail on either Evoque

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had one whilst it was still under warranty.........the car was on my drive when we first noticed (ie alarm chirped to say there was a problem, passenger door would not lock by fob) ...so I pressed the SOS button in the car 😄 .....JLR recovery was out to it within 1 hour.........guy spent 10 seconds looking at it and said there was nothing he could do as it needed a new door lock actuator book it into the dealership.......I said "but I can't lock it".....he showed me how to do it manually by pushing in the inner door handle of the affected door before using the fob to central lock the rest of the car...worked fine ........I called local JLR next day and they tried to fob me off with waiting a month for a book in date.......I just laid it on thick that it was a security risk and I could not lock the car ....my insurance is therefore invalid and so they would need to insure it for the month I would have to wait......miraculously they managed to book it in for later that week and fitted a new unit :unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts