Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 5 month old guide dog puppy and need to get something ready for when my RREfinally arrives (due 23/12 so anytime now). LR are suggesting £340 for a fitted cargo barrier (includes 380 for fitting) plus the rubber mat for £101.76. Seems way over the top but aren't most of the LR accessories.

Does anyone have any good ideas as the existing cage we have won't fit and while I don't mind doing my bit for the Guide Dogs spending the best part of £500 on a 'cage' seems ott.

Does anyone have a good, but slightly less pricey, option they can recommend.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Pete, might be worth having a look online at Duckworth Parts, they're a lot cheaper than JLR

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi pete, we have a dog to and the day we brought the car we went to a place in derby and brought on for £110. It is so easy to fit and really good. Web site in travall. Think they supply landrover anyway. Hope this helps

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I will get one ordered.

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 for the Travall guard.

I had one in my Q7 and it was rock solid and top quality. If I was going to let the dogs in the Evoque this is definitely the one I would buy.

Also look at the divider, it comes in very handy when you want to keep the dog and the shopping apart!

·
Registered
27 Posts
If any is unsure if this is the right one for them and cannot find it online i will take a photo of ours for you. Cheers Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would love to see a pic please?

I bought the cargo space cover (whatever its called ...the one with gloves) so that I don't get mud/dog hairs everywhere as it is easy to wipe clean and folds easily when the dogs aren't in.
They haven't tried climbing into the back seats yet but I will need a guard as I am sure they would be lethal missiles in an accident

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Travall guard lus divider arrived 2 days before the evoque, 15 minutes to fit and works perfectly. Stable, no rattle, definitely recommended. Travall are out of stock of the rubber mat so had to fork out for a LR one but fab.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My problem is I really ant to lower the back seats and split the fron from the back - cases etc ontop of the folded seats and dog in the boot - Landrover do a full height divider but its £450 pounds and I'll prbably only use twice a year - the Travall guard assumes you want to leave the seats up and the front to back divider doesn't leave enough room for my dog in the back - so it needs to be like the fullheight guard but not at £450 fitted - any other ideas?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Paulsevoque said:
My problem is I really ant to lower the back seats and split the fron from the back - cases etc ontop of the folded seats and dog in the boot - Landrover do a full height divider but its £450 pounds and I'll prbably only use twice a year - the Travall guard assumes you want to leave the seats up and the front to back divider doesn't leave enough room for my dog in the back - so it needs to be like the fullheight guard but not at £450 fitted - any other ideas?
Hi, have you had a look at the fabric soft dog crates on ebay, you can get them in all sizes and they are cheap too, especially if you'll only use it rarely. I have one for my 2 cockers it's brilliant, stops them from getting the car dirty.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Note on the LR Half-height guard: (MY14)

It's good, but it is not an easy DIY install.
You have to take off a lot of boot trim on
both sides.

Took the dealer all day.

Glad I didn't try myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have a large sized soft dog crate it fits perfectly in the boot of our evoque it was only £30 on amazon and when we are not using it it folds down and can be stored away. We have a westie and there's enough room for him to turn around and lie fully down in the crate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum as my wife has just purchased an evoque which arrives later this week.
I've bought a full height cargo barrier off ebay, with all of the parts apparently included.
The only thing missing is the instructions!
Can anyone please help out here?
Maybe someone could email me a copy?
Kind regards

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If it's anything like the half height install you
have to take the boot trim apart and unbolt the rear seats
to fit it.
A major job that took my dealer all day.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Lockheed1971 said:
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum as my wife has just purchased an evoque which arrives later this week.
I've bought a full height cargo barrier off ebay, with all of the parts apparently included.
The only thing missing is the instructions!
Can anyone please help out here?
Maybe someone could email me a copy?
Kind regards
Hi Lockheed.
If you have access to TOPIx log in. If you haven't then register as an independent operator. Once logged in enter VIN for your Evoque & call it up. Then open Search Tab & do a search on "fitting instructions" . Scroll down list of documents until you find the one you want. Document No LAF 0047 1E may be the instructions you need. Hope this helps.

Edit - Half height instructions are Document No LAF 0076 3EEdited by: BobH

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nev said:
Yup as BobH says, I just found it on Topix:

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=224418&groupId=1667

You don't even need to enter car details to get access to it.

It is a big job. I baulked and paid the dealer to do it.
Hi Nev

Tried it without logging in. Unfortunately only a limited list is made available which does not include guard fitting. Highlighted header at top of list informs "54 more documents available when logged in". LR logic for some reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts