Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Just bought myself a new companycar, black Evoque TD4 Pure. It was a demo-car so it is not brand new.

Now, the car has keyless go as i noticed when I testdrive the car, but no keless entry. I also noticed that the doorhandles had two stripes on the side, aswell as when I configured a car on internet i did only find one option for keyless entry, not keyless go.

Does my car also have keyless entry (is it broken maybe) or do Range Rover sell these option separately?
Thank you for your answer..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.

They all have Keyless Stop/Start, but on the Pure keyless entry is an optional extra. So it's possible that yours was spec'd without the (keyless entry) option

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you for the respond.I guess I have to live with pushing a button for entry my new Evoque...

·
Registered
226 Posts
jens said:
Ok, thank you for the respond.I guess I have to live with pushing a button for entry my new Evoque...

I find that hard to believe. IF you have the key GO start and stop button, it depends on have the FOB on your person or purse. £500 more just to unlock the doors when approaching the car seems WAY too much.

In the US, it's included in the Pure Premium package. As we all probably know, the manufacterer AND the dealers make BIG money on options. I think this area has the highest markup of any vehicle. I think they figure they have the "hook" set so that they can then slam you with high cost options.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm just wondering - is it actually possible to add keyless entry - after the fact - as in you have your car and just decide you'd like to add it?Is it a case that a particular module has to be installed somewhere or is there a complete rewiring involved. I know I'd love to have it - having to take the remote out to open the door (press the button) just to put it back into your pocket seconds later because it is not needed again until you are locking...it would make alot more since to add it to the entire range for a few extra quid - then the whole keyless theme would work alot better.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone having successfully having keyless entry retrofitted, but, given the amount the JLR charge for this in the first instance, I doubt that this could be retrofitted. Also, you must have powerfold mirrors as a prerequisite for keyless entry.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have keyless entry but sure what is meant by 'keyless go?'

·
10,626 Posts
Keyless go. Standard on all Evoques. You don't put a key in an ignition slot. You just press the start /stop button.

·
Registered
226 Posts
dkearns said:
I know I'd love to have it - having to take the remote out to open the door (press the button) just to put it back into your pocket seconds later because it is not needed again until you are locking...it would make alot more since to add it to the entire range for a few extra quid - then the whole keyless theme would work alot better.

I have it and it IS a very nice feature. That said, some of the al a carte price quotes list in this thread make reaching into your pocket for the fob a regular money machine. For example, IF the separate price is £500 for keyless entry, for the first 500 times, you make a £ every time you unlock the door. Not bad for 10 seconds of drudgery!

I think one Aussie said the cost in Australia was AU $1500!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have that, thought it might be automatic locking when a certain distance from the car.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Alan, so it doesn't lock automatically when you step away from the vehicle?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts