Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post but have been browsing on here for a while now. My wife and I are Attending the unleashed event at Westfield this Saturday with the intention of finalising Spec prior to placing an order,it's looking like a coupe Dynamic sd4 auto in White with lux pack,privacy glass and shadow chrome alloys.
My real gripe is with dealers failing to return calls and their
General lack of interest in a potential sale.I know the evoque is a desirable car that sells itself but the lack of interest is disappointing!
I won't name the dealerships I've approached as that wouldn't be fair but could anyone recommend a dealership
In the Kent/London area?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dpaine,

I share this - I looked into a number of LR dealers around the west Yorkshire area last Friday - only one seemed interested, which I have incidentally placed my order with.

However its now wednesday and I'm still waiting for my official order to go in - I have tried phoning the dealership but get no answer. Disappointed to say the least and considering I'm looking at a feb/march delivery date. I'm going to chase later today - they have my deposit as well.

I agree tho - the product sells itself well enough for them to be bothered. I wonder if it would be the same if I was negotiating a RR Sport deal?

D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can i just say is it a range rover it hold no lines of a Range rover it should of been called the Evoque, i own a 1979 original two door and a 1995 p38 , i have the chance to sit one or two evoques , sorry if if i have offended anybody , I have been around Landrovers for the best part of 35 years these seem to be like the freelander or an up grade for a freelander

·
Registered
134 Posts
well said Ed !!

rest assured its more Range Rover than a Landi :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had 6 Range Rovers over the last 27 years and currently got a Defender. I drove the Range Rover Evoque on Tuesday and believe me, it's worthy of the words Range Rover on the bonnet.It's all a matter of personal taste and opinion of course.
I believe the new FFRR and the new RRS will have some styling cues from the Evoque in 2012/13.
ANT

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you think Land Rovers Dealers are bad you want to try Ford.......................................I would never have thought about buying anything other than a new Kuga and mine has been fantastic over the past 3 years.

However, for no other reason than poor service from Ford I started to "sniff around" other cars. I then discovered the Evoque and after seeing and driving it there is really no comparison between the 2.

In my opinion (so dont shoot me down in flames) the Evoque looks better, drives better, has a better interior, should hold its value better and the service from LR so far has been excellent.

Ask me about the LR dealer again in 3 years after having the Evoque then I may be saying something different, time will tell.........but so far so good.

·
Registered
361 Posts
steve hill said:
wouldn't be a farmer by any chance

Ohhh so stereo typical comment there Steve...youmust have some perception of the land Rover brand......I'll make sure we throw in some his n her wellies when you pick up the evoque
Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
52 Posts
I attended the unleased event yesterday, and I met 4 other couples who have ordered through Stratstone Cardiff, and all agreed that they are absolutely bloody useless, 1 of the couples were so miffed that they left Stratstone and went to another dealer. They have never once returned any of my calls, made about a dozen so far, I knew more about the Evoque than the guy selling me the thing! I understand if I move dealers I'll lose my spot so I guess I'm stuck, but anyone thinking of going to Cardiff to order one please Do NOT bother. Go elsewhere.
You have been warned.
Onebigjobby

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Paul, they were looking for a dealer in London, that's why I mentioned Lookers Park Royal.
For anyone in Wales, or indeed willing to travel to a LR dealership, I can recommend Statstones, Swansea - ask for Paul. I've had nothing but great treatment from them.
ANT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ditto for dealer in Sydney.

I wish I had a product that is this hot. I'd be signing up people left right and center and made sure I sell as many as possible.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Harwoods, Tonbridge have been pretty good so far!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts