Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
G100TT said:
So which is best Back to invoiceor vehicle replacement cover? Totally confused
As I understand it, 'Back to invoice' pays you back the difference between what the normal insurance pays out & what you paid for the car.
So if you paid say £35K 2 years ago - Car now written off & ins pays out £25K - the 'Back to invoice' policy pays you £10K.
But say in those intervening 2 years, the cost of a replacement car of similar spec has increased by £3K, or VAT has increased by 5%, or if say you negotiated a big discount on the original car, then 'Vehicle replacement cover' pays the difference to what the new same spec car would currently cost - maybe an extra £4K over what'Back to invoice' might have paid.

Well that's how I see it anyway

Edited by: restyler

·
Registered
125 Posts
Many thanks for that restyler. Makes a lot of sense to me now. Esp as the dealer is trying to sell back to invoice which is obviously inferior to vehicle replacement cover. Think I'll go with ALA on the latter.

Was also advised the scratch cover and alloy cover is not worth it as the scratch has to be measured and below a certain length/depth before payout and also kerbed wheels are a no go.

So moral is wrap your baby in cotton wool, don't go to any areas where chavs may key the car and park about a foot away from the kerb every time you need to park.... oh and try to park as far away as possible from anyone in any car park, especially supermarket ones!

·
Registered
860 Posts
G100TT said:
.... oh and try to park as far away as possible from anyone in any car park, especially supermarket ones!
When I got my first New MINI in 2001, I thought it quite funny to find little nose marks on the side windows when Id gone & parked it away from everything else at the supermarket - then a couple of years later when there were a few more about, you'd come back and find 2 more MINI's parked either side of you {Im also guilty of this trait}, - and now 14 years on, Evoque owners come back & find MY nose print on their side windows!
What goes around ....

Edited by: restyler

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
restyler, that's a pretty good explanation.

That's why I went for this option and have recommended this to many other forum members on here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is the GAP code with ALA still working please? Just tried it and it seems to make no difference to the cost of the cover. Triedvri4434

21 - 27 of 27 Posts