Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a thumbs up for Direct Line. My current policy is with them and was due for renewal in two weeks. The renewal came back (for an all singing all dancing protected policy (no excess) for £494 for my X4 but for my new Evoque it's £434 AND they've accepted the InControl Protect as having a tracker AND the panoramic roof is covered under the glass insurance. Other insurance companies were quoting by more than £200!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I paid £291 for our Evoque with LV. No tracker required, pan roof also under the glass policy. Fully comp, protected claims, SDP and commuting and business use. The renewal from LV was over £400 (which was a decrease on the previous years premium) but that didn’t stop me checking so I just let that expire and went again as a new customer and didn’t pay the apathy tax!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,638 Posts
"apathy tax" - interesting perspective :)

I always see it as a "rip-off the loyal customers tax".
It's certainly the way the modern world seems to work :(

In recent dealings with Homeserve insurance (boiler) they described the dodgy renewal quote as "system generated"!?! and if you phone we can negotiate.

Whatever it's called I don't like it!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I never bother with extended warranty or extra ins for domestic appliances etc. I’ve always considered them to be a rip off. With most small appliances it’s cheaper to replace them after the usual 12 month warranty expires. My new boiler I had fitted a few months ago came with a very long warranty.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I share Veteran's view too.

I'd sooner put the equivalent of these premiums into a separate bank account and use those funds for any repairs that may be needed.

This also cuts out an anxiety over whether or not the warranty company will pay for the repairs. They've got so many weasel words for wriggling out of paying, such as 'known faults' etc.

My Evoque bit me on the bum earlier this year when it needed a new turbo. That probably would have been covered by a warranty, but I'm still ahead as it cost less than 2 years' premiums for which I would have paid after the manufacturer's warranty expired.

I accept that we all have differing attitudes towards this subject:smile:

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,638 Posts
Yes 'warranties' is a subject all on it's own (FWIW My Homeserve 'boiler' dealings were for my elderly Mum who's recently moved home, so options are limited) - really the point was regarding "apathy tax" "ripping off loyal customers" :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts