Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Evoque
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First off I'm a long-time lurker and fan of this site, thanks to everyone for making this a great source of information and guidance!

I've been working on a labour of love over the last few months - a new remote app to control your late model JLR vehicle; it's called JLR Proximity Remote
The Android app (android 10+) is ready for beta testing, I'm working on the iOS version as well.
It's not 100% clear which model years I can support yet (basically any vehicle that can be controlled with the default LR app should work here as well), but I've been testing on my 2020 Evoque.
Using the same official InControl service as the original remote application, this app adds much needed additional features such as:

• Very quick one-click triggering to lock/unlock of doors (less than 3 seconds to open app and send command - much quicker than default app)
  • [Google] voice control to lock/unlock doors
  • Quick action to send any address to your vehicle (sets the InControl Route destination)
  • Other features are in progress (and requests are welcome!)

And finally the amazing premium feature - AUTOLOCK. Automatically unlock and lock doors based on your distance from vehicle!
As you walk to the vehicle the doors unlock (triggering the extending door handles, puddle lamps, etc.), and as you walk away they automatically lock.
This feature requires a compatible Bluetooth-LE beacon(~$15) which you program and store in your vehicle (they last about a year on a battery).
The app is silently monitoring for the vehicle-stored beacon, and triggers unlock and lock commands automatically.
Once you start using this feature, messing around with the remote or even having to touch the button and wait for the handles to extend will seem annoying as hell!
It also looks futuristic and cool as hell - our RR's impress already - this takes it to the next level ;)

All the details on the app features and setup (including videos) are here on my website: Home | JLR Proximity Remote

I've been developing the app for a few months now, and the android version is working great so I'm ready share with a few internal beta testers before release it to the general app store.
Ideally I'm looking for people with some tech background who understand what app testing is all about.
In addition if you're open to buying the Bluetooth-LE dongle to help test the AUTOLOCK that is ideal. Trust me you'll love this feature!

You'll get added to my internal testers list and receive a link to download the app from the google play store. From there follow my videos on configuring and testing the app and give me feedback on what works, what doesn't and any suggestions you have!

If you are interested please DM here or send me an email to [email protected].
Look forward to working with some of you, and for the rest stand by - I'll be releasing the app soon!

_-
Raagi (RPG951S)

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
252 Posts
Hi there,
When you say late model I take it you mean Mk2 style?
Will it work with the mk1 Evoque at all? If so I'd be willing to beta test the iOS version when it is ready.

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Evoque
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
272 Posts
I’m unfortunately on Apple phone with 2020 evoque but would be willing to test and buy dongle when your ready 👍

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
252 Posts
To be honest I'm not 100% sure which models will work.
In general if either of these apps works for you, my app should work.

‎Land Rover Remote on the App Store (apple.com)
‎Land Rover InControl Remote on the App Store (apple.com)

and for Android:

Land Rover Remote - Apps on Google Play
Land Rover InControl Remote - Apps on Google Play

The iOS app is still in development, but as soon as I finish I'll post here.
Thanks for you interest!
Both those apps work on my car so would definitely be interested in helping out when its ready.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Raagi. I'm also willing to test

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
73 Posts
I'm interested. Have you got a link to the Bluetooth dongle you would recommend.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Once the iOS app is available I’m happy to test it. I’m already part of the Apple beta test program for Mac OS and iOS, so used to providing feedback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

First off I'm a long-time lurker and fan of this site, thanks to everyone for making this a great source of information and guidance!

I've been working on a labour of love over the last few months - a new remote app to control your late model JLR vehicle; it's called JLR Proximity Remote
The Android app (android 10+) is ready for beta testing, I'm working on the iOS version as well.
It's not 100% clear which model years I can support yet (basically any vehicle that can be controlled with the default LR app should work here as well), but I've been testing on my 2020 Evoque.
Using the same official InControl service as the original remote application, this app adds much needed additional features such as:

• Very quick one-click triggering to lock/unlock of doors (less than 3 seconds to open app and send command - much quicker than default app)
  • [Google] voice control to lock/unlock doors
  • Quick action to send any address to your vehicle (sets the InControl Route destination)
  • Other features are in progress (and requests are welcome!)

And finally the amazing premium feature - AUTOLOCK. Automatically unlock and lock doors based on your distance from vehicle!
As you walk to the vehicle the doors unlock (triggering the extending door handles, puddle lamps, etc.), and as you walk away they automatically lock.
This feature requires a compatible Bluetooth-LE beacon(~$15) which you program and store in your vehicle (they last about a year on a battery).
The app is silently monitoring for the vehicle-stored beacon, and triggers unlock and lock commands automatically.
Once you start using this feature, messing around with the remote or even having to touch the button and wait for the handles to extend will seem annoying as hell!
It also looks futuristic and cool as hell - our RR's impress already - this takes it to the next level ;)

All the details on the app features and setup (including videos) are here on my website: Home | JLR Proximity Remote

I've been developing the app for a few months now, and the android version is working great so I'm ready share with a few internal beta testers before release it to the general app store.
Ideally I'm looking for people with some tech background who understand what app testing is all about.
In addition if you're open to buying the Bluetooth-LE dongle to help test the AUTOLOCK that is ideal. Trust me you'll love this feature!

You'll get added to my internal testers list and receive a link to download the app from the google play store. From there follow my videos on configuring and testing the app and give me feedback on what works, what doesn't and any suggestions you have!

If you are interested please DM here or send me an email to [email protected].
Look forward to working with some of you, and for the rest stand by - I'll be releasing the app soon!

_-
Raagi (RPG951S)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Raagi I’ve just taken delivery of a 2021 Evoque, I’ve owned plenty of Landrovers before but never an Evoqu. I’m quite familiar with the In Control software and have been using it for years. I’m very interested in helping out with any software that adds to the ownership.

regards

andygod

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,813 Posts
Hi @Raagi, can you please explain if there are any security/privacy implications with your app?

Once people have used their LR credentials does this technically mean they've handed over control of their vehicle locks and vehicle location to a third-party? On the face of it that would seem to have some risk...

I'm just thinking out-loud :)

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Evoque
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Evoque
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi @Raagi, can you please explain if there are any security/privacy implications with your app?

Once people have used their LR credentials does this technically mean they've handed over control of their vehicle locks and vehicle location to a third-party? On the face of it that would seem to have some risk...

I'm just thinking out-loud :)
Good question, and I address this on my website.
All your inControl settings are saved locally on your device only, in an encrypted preferences folder.
This way if you reinstall or upgrade your settings remain intact.
There's no copy or central storage of your settings, and the app does not use your location for anything (it's just required to enable background Bluetooth-LE monitoring).
Both these items are actually part of the app store certification process (although some dubious people are able to bypass it).
If anyone has any concerns feel free to contact my by email, happy to share some personal info.
I'm an enthusiast like everyone here... I originally wrote this app for myself to keep me amused during covid lockdowns.

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Evoque
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Raagi I’ve just taken delivery of a 2021 Evoque, I’ve owned plenty of Landrovers before but never an Evoqu. I’m quite familiar with the In Control software and have been using it for years. I’m very interested in helping out with any software that adds to the ownership.

regards

andygod
Sounds great! Please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
IMHO this would be a big security risk. his server & app will be essentially acting as the middle man between you and the JLR servers... I for one wouldn't trust someone on the internet asking me for what is essentially you giving him your username and password... but just my opinion..

Reactions: RRRaych and JamToo

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Evoque
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMHO this would be a big security risk. his server & app will be essentially acting as the middle man between you and the JLR servers... I for one wouldn't trust someone on the internet asking me for what is essentially you giving him your username and password... but just my opinion..
Completely understandable.

For everyone's information Google Play Protect certification (which covers every app downloaded from the Google Play Store, which is why you should only download from the Play Store) includes extensive tests to ensure user credential security on device.
Since I'm delivering even this internal beta release thru the store, Play Protect is scanning every release and update.
Details are here: Cloud-based protections | Play Protect | Google Developers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts