Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What deposit were you asked to pay?

I'm sure I've seen conflicting reports of deposits being paid.

My dealer wants £1000, is that about right, or have you had to pay more or less?

Should be ordering ours at the weekend, the specification debate is ongoing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
£500 deposit paid with the benefit of "if you don't like the car when it arrives you don't have to have it and we'll refund your £500"

·
Registered
62 Posts
how are people funding it? via land rover finance? i have heard that their APR is high so i'm looking at what alternatives are out there as dont want to pay high interest if i dont need to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I have found the same situation, 10.2%APR fromLand-roveron the Advanced Payment scheme, whereas for the RRS, they are offering 5.9%.You can borrow from Sainsburys Finance at around 6%, but I would hope the dealers could offer something better, especially as we are paying £45k.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great idea how does it work via sainsburys? Surely you would have to finance the whole car and not just the part you would via PCP scheme?

How about independent brokers? Has anyone used them? Want the car but would rather have lower payments and more for my money!!!

Any stories of brokers would be good

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sainsburys is just a personal loan and would be limited to the max they lend. I have order a Dynamic with Lux pack and some other bits, but will be putting in a big deposit using my D4. I wanted to do the (APP) deferred payment plan with Land Rover, but the APR was too steep, therefore my LR dealer suggested the Black Horse deferred payment option they can offer. Effectively you pay a small monthly payment, which is the interest each month and then the deferred lump 2 years later. I am waiting for a quote to confirm, but it is the lowest interest rate and then you have 2 years to save up.

Can't wait to get my car, end of November build slot, so hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

Good luck with the financing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts