Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid my deposit of £1k to go on waiting list for new Range Rover Evoque last August, and was told I'd have to wait until Feb/March. Today I received a call from salesman confirming that they were ready for my final spec for Evoque to be delivered in March.....great news I thought at first.....then he asked for an additional 10% of car value to ensure that spec could be delivered. This came as a massive surprise, as it was the first time they'd mentioned an additional payment could be requiredbefore finance agreement etc. I've checked through paperwork, and can see no mention on additional 10% DEPOSit. I'm going in tomorrow to see them in person to discuss further. Has anybody else had to pay second DEPOSIT, before final spec can be confirmed? Is this normal?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have not heard of anyone being asked for a second deposit. Deposits of £500 or £1000 are normally taken at the outset with no further monies being requested until delivery. I think you are right to query this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was asked to pay a £2000 deposit when placing my my order last September - I didnt think anything of it at the time and had assumed it was because of the potential risk of buyers changing their mind

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies guys.
Just been in to see the LR dealers, and they remain insistent that a 10% deposit is paid before they'll build my spec. Although I have no paperwork stating that a 10% deposit would be payable, nor any additional deposit for that matter, they said that it's standard to take a 10% deposit at this stage at their particular dealership. Personally I find it extraordinary that dealerships could vary to such a degree in deposits they might take, with most appearing to just charge £1000 desposit to initially go on waiting list, with nothing further to follow until delivery.

Obviously still want my Evoque, but a 10% deposit equivalent to £4.1k, by Mondaywas not in the budget, and I really feel as if I'm being swindled here in comparison to other customers who've replied to this post. Not happy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I work in the motor trade their no reason to pay more. If you end up paying anyway put it on a credit card in csde the dealer goes bust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm yet to come across anybody that's been asked by their dealer to pay an additional 10% desposit, in fact any further deposit, in order to build their spec.
The £1000 initial deposit to go on the waiting list seems normal, but is anybody aware of any dealership, other than Beadles Land Rover Sidcup, charging a 10% deposit to build their Evoque?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got mine from Beadles and to be honest I really can't remember at what point my deposit was paid but if your not already dealing with him have a chat with Paul Bradley, he was very helpful when I needed anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was asked to pay 1k deposit and nothing further from Marshall in Cambridge. Like others, I have never heard of a second deposit being required

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid a £1K deposit to secure early build slot. Have build slot, waiting for production date in next week hopefully.

·
Registered
219 Posts
RREVQ1 said:
Thanks for replies guys.
Just been in to see the LR dealers, and they remain insistent that a 10% deposit is paid before they'll build my spec. Although I have no paperwork stating that a 10% deposit would be payable, nor any additional deposit for that matter, they said that it's standard to take a 10% deposit at this stage at their particular dealership. Personally I find it extraordinary that dealerships could vary to such a degree in deposits they might take, with most appearing to just charge £1000 desposit to initially go on waiting list, with nothing further to follow until delivery.

Obviously still want my Evoque, but a 10% deposit equivalent to £4.1k, by Mondaywas not in the budget, and I really feel as if I'm being swindled here in comparison to other customers who've replied to this post. Not happy.

Tell them if you give them the cash you requirethem to pay 5% interest on your £4000 until your car arrives. This is most unusual, asking for extra deposit, why are they doing it and others dont? im suspiscious.

Either that or tell them that if they insist they can go forth and multiply

1 - 14 of 14 Posts