My friends contact at Halewood has finally come back with an update as follows:Great news enjoy/ Mine was due to have come off production line 2nd July. No word received from dealer that this happened, so assuming it didn't!
They were only saying the other day how the Evoque has turned around JLR’s fortunes…. 🙄 and on it goesMy friends contact at Halewood has finally come back with an update as follows:
The situation at JLR Halewood is that because the plant produces the least profitable cars for JLR, being the Evoque and Discovery Sport, its not being prioritised with semi conductors when they become available. They are going to complete orders for more profitable models in the JLR range. The plant has been open the last two weeks but shuts again for 6 weeks on Sunday. It has only been operational 4 weeks in the last 13.
Sorry to deliver this news guys, but I guess it makes sense from a purely financial perspective for JLR to maximise the more profitable sales. Although I am sure they would never admit that.
Spooky or what, I decided to ring dealer today for update & yes I got the birthday present I wanted car is built and due into dealership around the 16th July. I explained off on holiday next day for 2 weeks and as so close to September I would like to wait for 1st September registration, I was told this would be ok. HOWEVER tonight I have seen a email saying that if I wait, it will impact on the value of my Disco Sport. The deal I struck with the original salesman was the value of my DS would be honoured upto delivery of my Evoque. That order went pear shaped as the salesman got the specification wrong and by way of compensation I was given 3 years of servicing FOC. Current order was dealt with by a different salesman, who was made aware of the deal over the value of my car, together with the Transaction Manager. Unfortunately that salesman moved to another branch, but I assumed all relevant information would have been passed onto the current salesperson. Have emailed back, but concerned after all this time they are going back on the deal. So maybe no car after all!! Have done a price comparison on We Buy Any Car and that is offering me more that 1K more than the dealer, but I'm sure they don't honour their online quotes.My birthday this Saturday, maybe I'll get a call Saturday to say car on its way (will be a great pressie) HaHa.