Evoque Owners Club banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great news enjoy/ Mine was due to have come off production line 2nd July. No word received from dealer that this happened, so assuming it didn't!
That’s a shame, but at least we know there is some movement (sorry not much help to you)

·
Registered
116 Posts
That’s a shame, but at least we know there is some movement (sorry not much help to you)
My birthday this Saturday, maybe I'll get a call Saturday to say car on its way (will be a great pressie) HaHa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great news enjoy/ Mine was due to have come off production line 2nd July. No word received from dealer that this happened, so assuming it didn't!
My friends contact at Halewood has finally come back with an update as follows:

The situation at JLR Halewood is that because the plant produces the least profitable cars for JLR, being the Evoque and Discovery Sport, its not being prioritised with semi conductors when they become available. They are going to complete orders for more profitable models in the JLR range. The plant has been open the last two weeks but shuts again for 6 weeks on Sunday. It has only been operational 4 weeks in the last 13.

Sorry to deliver this news guys, but I guess it makes sense from a purely financial perspective for JLR to maximise the more profitable sales. Although I am sure they would never admit that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My friends contact at Halewood has finally come back with an update as follows:

The situation at JLR Halewood is that because the plant produces the least profitable cars for JLR, being the Evoque and Discovery Sport, its not being prioritised with semi conductors when they become available. They are going to complete orders for more profitable models in the JLR range. The plant has been open the last two weeks but shuts again for 6 weeks on Sunday. It has only been operational 4 weeks in the last 13.

Sorry to deliver this news guys, but I guess it makes sense from a purely financial perspective for JLR to maximise the more profitable sales. Although I am sure they would never admit that.
They were only saying the other day how the Evoque has turned around JLR’s fortunes…. 🙄 and on it goes

·
Registered
P300e. MY2021.
211 Posts
Ordered P300e early Feb with the prospect of late April delivery. I’ve had a succession of delays but at long last it’s arrived at the dealer!
Picking up on Tuesday.

·
Registered
Mercedes GLC 220d courtesy car
40 Posts
Ordered P300e early Feb with the prospect of late April delivery. I’ve had a succession of delays but at long last it’s arrived at the dealer!
Picking up on Tuesday.
Great to hear! Hopefully mine will come in the next few weeks…..

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
165 Posts
That press release appears to endorse the word from Halewood above: "...focus on higher margin cars". I wonder what the spec changes are though?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not sure what you mean - I was making light of not receiving my third Evoque order. At no time was I not being nice to anyone!

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
My birthday this Saturday, maybe I'll get a call Saturday to say car on its way (will be a great pressie) HaHa.
Spooky or what, I decided to ring dealer today for update & yes I got the birthday present I wanted car is built and due into dealership around the 16th July. I explained off on holiday next day for 2 weeks and as so close to September I would like to wait for 1st September registration, I was told this would be ok. HOWEVER tonight I have seen a email saying that if I wait, it will impact on the value of my Disco Sport. The deal I struck with the original salesman was the value of my DS would be honoured upto delivery of my Evoque. That order went pear shaped as the salesman got the specification wrong and by way of compensation I was given 3 years of servicing FOC. Current order was dealt with by a different salesman, who was made aware of the deal over the value of my car, together with the Transaction Manager. Unfortunately that salesman moved to another branch, but I assumed all relevant information would have been passed onto the current salesperson. Have emailed back, but concerned after all this time they are going back on the deal. So maybe no car after all!! Have done a price comparison on We Buy Any Car and that is offering me more that 1K more than the dealer, but I'm sure they don't honour their online quotes.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
Surely it would be in their interests to honour the price they agreed for your DS in january as used prices have gone through the roof, WBAC has confirmed that with your quote, I PX'd mine just over 2 months ago and a few weeks later WBAC were valuing it at 1k more steadily creeping up, just checked today and its 2.5k more than the dealer

Reactions: BJD

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. Not meaning to be derogatory & not having met her, but my replacement salesperson comes across as very blonde. Possibly hasn't read order file, hence my email very politely drawing her attention to the deal struck in January. Lets see what tomorrow brings, in this ongoing saga.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just had an email from the sales manager, it was as I suspected the salesperson had not looked at my order history properly if at all. All systems go for collection 1st September, 3 weeks short of placing my original order & third time lucky.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts