Evoque Owners Club banner
1021 - 1040 of 1049 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 P300e Autobiography on order. Black, black wheels, sliding pano roof, red leather,
106 Posts
Oh that's interesting? What do you need when calling them, the order number? And which factory? I'm based in Ireland but suppose it will be in the UK :)
I actually called the JLR Customer Experience Centre at the Halewood plant and said I was interested in booking a factory tour if it could be coincided with the build of my car. The next question was……..can you tell me if/when my car is scheduled to be built (which, as it turned out, had already began. We shouldn’t have to be so shady but there is almost zero link between the factory and JLR HQ / Dealerships. Audi/BMW etc keep you bang up to date every step of the way. And that includes each phase of the build process (chassis/paint/QC) etc.

·
Registered
MY23 P300e Autobiography on order. Black, black wheels, sliding pano roof, red leather,
106 Posts
I actually called the JLR Customer Experience Centre at the Halewood plant and said I was interested in booking a factory tour if it could be coincided with the build of my car. The next question was……..can you tell me if/when my car is scheduled to be built (which, as it turned out, had already began. We shouldn’t have to be so shady but there is almost zero link between the factory and JLR HQ / Dealerships. Audi/BMW etc keep you bang up to date every step of the way. And that includes each phase of the build process (chassis/paint/QC) etc.
Oh, to answer your question, I just needed my order number.

·
Registered
On order: Evoque P250 Autobiography
34 Posts
I was due to pick up my car tomorrow, all the paperwork was completed online, car insured, all set to go…then a call from the dealer telling me JLR have told the dealer not to release the car as they have identified a problem with the wiring harness on a batch. So maybe a few days delay. Not a great start….the cars got a problem before I’ve got it!

·
Registered
MY23, 2022 R-Dynamic HSE, Black, Auto, D200 MHEV
3 Posts
I was due to pick up my car tomorrow, all the paperwork was completed online, car insured, all set to go…then a call from the dealer telling me JLR have told the dealer not to release the car as they have identified a problem with the wiring harness on a batch. So maybe a few days delay. Not a great start….the cars got a problem before I’ve got it!
Oh that's interesting? What do you need when calling them, the order number? And which factory? I'm based in Ireland but suppose it will be in the UK :)
Oh no!! Mine is due at the end of this month 🤞
I wonder if mine will be in the same batch as it was due mid month but it’s pushed back to the end May/beginning of June. The customer experience centre said it was scheduled to start build on the 4th May but the Vista sheet is still showing it as committed to build.

I hope you manage to get yours soon!!!

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
that beats me I at least had mine for 10 mins before it was left in the workshop ... 😂

·
Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic p250 sold - P300 HST on order
417 Posts
Still waiting for mine .. on the verge of giving up and spend the money on a new man cave workshop

·
Registered
On order: Evoque P250 Autobiography
34 Posts
So the problem relates to a wiring harness pin that connects to an airbag. Next update from JLR not until 23 May.

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
MY23 D200 Autobiography
37 Posts
Before you leave the dealership make sure everything works! I got mine a month today and the dealer has had it for nearly 2 weeks fixing the gestured tailgate that didn’t work when they did the demo :mad: It was lovely to drive when I had it 🤣

Reactions: Don Simondo

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
I found even on our old evoque the gesture was hit and miss waving your foot under the bumper in the middle of sainsbury carpark doing the hokey cokey is not a good look

• Haha
Reactions: Don Simondo

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
Before you leave the dealership make sure everything works! I got mine a month today and the dealer has had it for nearly 2 weeks fixing the gestured tailgate that didn’t work when they did the demo :mad: It was lovely to drive when I had it 🤣
I found even on our old evoque the gesture was hit and miss waving your foot under the bumper in the middle of sainsbury carpark doing the hokey cokey is not a good look
I couldn't get mine to work yesterday and gave up and got the key out it's a hit and miss yes I was putting one leg under one leg out .. they haven't improved it lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Both my previous BMW SUVs were the same. It’s just an iffy piece of sensor tech that either works (properly) or not. Tbh, it’s more hassle (99.9% of the time) than hitting the fob or touching the boot open/close button.

·
Registered
MY21 - 71 Reg P300e Autobiography
316 Posts
And one looks such a fool, when nothing happens!

·
Registered
158 Posts
My Gesture tailgate works randomly aswell lol i just use the fob or button on the boot, i certainly wouldnt spec gesture tailgate if it wasn't as standard on any future orders.

Had the car 3 weeks now and absolutely love it, its great to drive very comfy and turns heads what more can I as for :)

·
Registered
MY23 D200 Autobiography
37 Posts
Mine has never worked not even for the numerous sales staff that tried to demo it during my handover, hence why its back with them supposedly being fixed. They thought they’d fixed the problem only to discover that it only worked when the key wasn’t in a pocket or bag and less than 2 inches from the boot, which even the dealer admitted wasn’t acceptable. They’ve blamed the battery in the key, the onboard computer and are now adding an additional part to the sensors. Supposedly this is the first time the dealer“s had the problem. I”ll let you know if the solution works 🤪

·
Registered
MY2020 D180 HSE Eiger Grey/Ebony Windsor Leather
27 Posts
There is a smart key transmitter in the tailgate. If that has failed the next closest are in the rear doors. That would tie in with gesture only working with the fob close to the boot as the fob is probably getting a weak signal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The car has finally arrived at the dealership and I have got Update 4 in my inbox! Agreed a collection for Tuesday lunchtime……..and then a drive back to Edinburgh (from Peterborough 😏). Shame that I head off on my holidays the next day so I won’t be able to enjoy it 😂😂😂
Arrival picture with protective strips still on pillars etc. first impression……..positive. 😎

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
The car has finally arrived at the dealership and I have got Update 4 in my inbox! Agreed a collection for Tuesday lunchtime……..and then a drive back to Edinburgh (from Peterborough 😏). Shame that I head off on my holidays the next day so I won’t be able to enjoy it 😂😂😂
Arrival picture with protective strips still on pillars etc. first impression……..positive. 😎
so so close now not many sleeps left ;)

1021 - 1040 of 1049 Posts