Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
120 Posts
Yes I get, Change happens, but it would be nice to know if I order a 21MY that's what I'll get or at least advance notification and a cancel option. I did the Land Rover experience day and really liked the 360 camera with clear sight that's why I ordered that spec...
Check your purchase contract. Does it give supplier flexibility over specification and what are cancellation rights. Typically on latter they have 3 months from estimated delivery date in contract.

Reactions: andpotti

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered mine 18th April - which at that point was 12 weeks for delivery. I emailed dealer today he said orders inc mine have been pushed back till september, but am awaiting for confirmation.... absolutely gutted wish I had got one in stock now.
I ordered my replacement order 16th April, on chasing dealer confirms delivery 3rd week July.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes nice jump in price 😒!!! According to others posting on here JLR will just bump the MYtype as they please, Ive seen a post suggesting a bump from 20.5 to 21! sometimes a win but with the MY22 it appears to be a loose, I can't see any improvements?
Hi Andpotti, unless I'm missing other things (& if I am please feel free to correct me), the only thing I can see missing from the P300e Autobiography spec, is the 360 camera, if I don't get this included FOC I will cancel my order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Andpotti, unless I'm missing other things (& if I am please feel free to correct me), the only thing I can see missing from the P300e Autobiography spec, is the 360 camera, if I don't get this included FOC I will cancel my order.
Yes! that's correct, but its exactly that I wanted!!

·
Registered
RR Evoque SE MY'22 P300e
11 Posts
Today I spoke with my seller and he insists that there is no problem and the car will be received at the end of August .

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
140 Posts
Salesman at my local dealership told my neighbour that delivery of some models could even be delayed until next year due to parts supply problems.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Try as I might I can not get an answer from my dealer, that if your MY21 spec includes a 360 camera, will it still be included FOC when they change to MY22. Due to a whiplash injury some years ago I need the 360 camera, it was one of the reasons for choosing the Evoque over a Mercedes I was considering. This change over of model year spec happens once or twice a year dealers must know the answer. I take their lack of response to mean it won't be included!!!

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
120 Posts
Try as I might I can not get an answer from my dealer, that if your MY21 spec includes a 360 camera, will it still be included FOC when they change to MY22. Due to a whiplash injury some years ago I need the 360 camera, it was one of the reasons for choosing the Evoque over a Mercedes I was considering. This change over of model year spec happens once or twice a year dealers must know the answer. I take their lack of response to mean it won't be included!!!
It must be extraordinarily frustrating for you, especially given the original build error. From your previous comments, you appear to have a build slot and thus the vehicle will have a 'Last date of Change', 'Build Date' etc through to 'handover' allocated within the factory order details, albeit subject to change:rolleyes:. On past experience the Last Date of change is circa 1 month prior to Build Date and the date by which you need a definitive answer, so that it can be added as an optional extra if necessary, at their expense I would hope, if your patience hasn't been exhausted by then.

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
242 Posts
I must have been very lucky reading this. I went on carwow got a quote from dealer(nice discount thx) and car was sourced and delivered all within 3 weeks. It wasn't dealer stock as far as I'm aware and came direct from factory. Perhaps it was a cancelled order?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It must be extraordinarily frustrating for you, especially given the original build error. From your previous comments, you appear to have a build slot and thus the vehicle will have a 'Last date of Change', 'Build Date' etc through to 'handover' allocated within the factory order details, albeit subject to change:rolleyes:. On past experience the Last Date of change is circa 1 month prior to Build Date and the date by which you need a definitive answer, so that it can be added as an optional extra if necessary, at their expense I would hope, if your patience hasn't been exhausted by then.
My last date to change was 22nd April, the committed to build date was 28th April with build date quoted as 2nd July, so I don't have the option to add on the 360 camera (not at my expense). I just want someone at JLR or dealer to tell me if I am getting a MY21 or MY22, if it's the latter then I want a refund of my deposit. One way or another this order fiasco has gone on since mid September and yes I am running out of patience. Tomorrow I will phone the customer relations manager I was assigned after my second order went pear shaped.

·
Registered
89 Posts
At last spoke to dealer, advised me my car will definately be a MY21, therefore will have the 360 camera, however he doubts the 2nd July build date will happen. However I am not holding my breath as no one is saying how long they are on shutdown for.

He says MY22 cars not being built till September, apparently there are going to be a lot of unhappy Evoque customers as they will have to pay the price increase, as well as £565 if they want the camera, He said the Discovery Sport has increased by approx.1K, doesn't seem right that they can do this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. I've been lurking for a few weeks, as my company car Evoque phev SE was ordered by the leasing company (Hitachi) before Christmas (to beat any potential Brexit no-deal scenario). original (slotted at factory) delivery date was 26th May, but a couple of weeks ago that moved out to 18th June. I am of the opinion that's also a fantasy, as a friend of mine has a friend working at Halewood who today confirms the following:..... "Production started again yesterday (25th May), however the line will only be going 1 week. Then it will shut again for a minimum of 3 weeks due to electronics and semi conductor shortages". So there you have it. Will any cars be completed this week? I guess there may be some lucky people out there, but I am personally settling down to drive my VW Passat PHEV for a couple more months.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a matter of some concern that Halewood closes for a month, reopens for a week and closes for three weeks.
What is more concerning is that JLR are not letting their dealers, let alone their customers know what is happening. There is no customer care whatsoever. Trying to get proper information from JLR is impossible.
Solihull is still producing, and therefore they have enough semi conductors there.
Very disappointing, and I certainly won’t entertain a price increase and less equipment. Indeed, JLR should be offering some free options for all those delayed.
Very unhappy.
Never had such appalling treatment from a car brand before. JLR are by far the worse.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I couldn't agree more. No point threatening to cancel order, as dealers are desperate for new cars, so will be happy to cancel. I seem to remember seeing on the forum re the seatbelt delays that JLR pay compensation for delays, not sure what the criteria is.

·
Registered
MY 18, 2..0 Diesel Ingenium Auto; Firenze Red
143 Posts
I visited my dealer this week as I’m approaching the end of my PCP. The number of models on offer have been drastically reduced. If you want a regular spec non-high power petrol version, then tough. All that was really available was diesel or PHEV. No guarantee on any delivery dates. Looks like I won’t be renewing with JLR and will sell my car back to the dealer, at this rate.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dealer responded but total radio silence as to whether Halewood is producing again. Confirmed car still due to be built 2 July.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts