Evoque Owners Club banner
481 - 498 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P300e Autobiography on order delivery due? 2015 Fuji White Dynamic now sold
31 Posts
So its good bye for now. With the delays, still no idea of a date, and not knowing what we will end up with in options or standard items we test drove a PoleStar 2. We intended the Evoque plug in to be a first venture into electric but have now gone all the way. We will be back as we both really like the feel, look and stance of the Evoque, maybe in a couple of years when they release a full EV.

·
Registered
Autobiography P250 Firenze Red on order Delivery Date? Ordered June 21
193 Posts
Good luck with your new purchase and hope to see you back in the future.

·
Registered
P300e Autobiography on order. Black, black wheels, sliding pano roof, red leather,
12 Posts
So its good bye for now. With the delays, still no idea of a date, and not knowing what we will end up with in options or standard items we test drove a PoleStar 2. We intended the Evoque plug in to be a first venture into electric but have now gone all the way. We will be back as we both really like the feel, look and stance of the Evoque, maybe in a couple of years when they release a full EV.
I went to a Polestar 2 launch event that included one of the cars to myself for a couple of hours. I have to say, I was completely hooked on the performance and technology in the car. I only attended for ‘something to do’ but I came away ‘sold’ on investigating a potential purchase. Unfortunately, despite the reasonable window price for the twin motor Polestar 2, the finance deal was poor and made it unaffordable which was a shame.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
Nice looking cabin but those rear lights no matter how hard I try I can't get to accept also being a fastback is a downer too

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
good luck Hubby has the P2 just be careful of updates is all I'm saying he's managed to brick his twice .lol.. oh and the app doesn't work most of the time but apart from that it's a lovely car to drive I quite like it :) is far better than the Tesla ...

·
Registered
2022 P300e Autobiography on order delivery due? 2015 Fuji White Dynamic now sold
31 Posts
It seems whatever you buy 'beware of updates' is now a thing! At least we have freed up a slot for somebody else to get their car a it sooner.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had email from dealer. Land Rover still have no order date for car, nor any indication whatsoever when that will be. Have waited nearly 9 months now, and even if had good news tomorrow, probably looking at 12 months from order to delivery.
I an not particularly fussed, and if I had an approximate date would be reasonably happy.
However, with no news JLR are tacking the mickey and treating customers with contempt.
When I ordered there qas no mention of a drkay, and I think it reasonable that orders made before Halewood lockdown should be delivered first.
Adding insult to injury, dealer said MY23 year will be announced mid December with different spec and price increase. Didn’t say I would be clobbered by the increase, but am getting increasingly unhappy. JLR have no rwsoect for some of their customers. I ordered a MY21 car at a specific price.
Think I will write to JLR MD as nevet had as bad a service from a car manufacturer before.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Had email from dealer. Land Rover still have no order date for car, nor any indication whatsoever when that will be. Have waited nearly 9 months now, and even if had good news tomorrow, probably looking at 12 months from order to delivery.
I an not particularly fussed, and if I had an approximate date would be reasonably happy.
However, with no news JLR are tacking the mickey and treating customers with contempt.
When I ordered there qas no mention of a drkay, and I think it reasonable that orders made before Halewood lockdown should be delivered first.
Adding insult to injury, dealer said MY23 year will be announced mid December with different spec and price increase. Didn’t say I would be clobbered by the increase, but am getting increasingly unhappy. JLR have no rwsoect for some of their customers. I ordered a MY21 car at a specific price.
Think I will write to JLR MD as nevet had as bad a service from a car manufacturer before.
oh no but surely because you have signed an order you should still be with that price and options and I presume you gave them a deposit which then sealed that particular car and deal.

·
Registered
P300e Autobiography on order. Black, black wheels, sliding pano roof, red leather,
12 Posts
oh no but surely because you have signed an order you should still be with that price and options and I presume you gave them a deposit which then sealed that particular car and deal.
I think you are correct however, I am led to believe that any finance quote on the ordered vehicle is only legally valid for 6 months only. After that period, JLR May revise the GFV of the ordered vehicle up or down which will affect the finance figures. I have not seen or heard of this actually occurring but I believe it to be a realistic pitfall for such long lead times.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I think you are correct however, I am led to believe that any finance quote on the ordered vehicle is only legally valid for 6 months only. After that period, JLR May revise the GFV of the ordered vehicle up or down which will affect the finance figures. I have not seen or heard of this actually occurring but I believe it to be a realistic pitfall for such long lead times.
I didn't realise it and haven't heard of this happening anywhere either so fingers crossed 🤞 did you add any extras to yours I can't understand why it's taken so long :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't realise it and haven't heard of this happening anywhere either so fingers crossed 🤞 did you add any extras to yours I can't understand why it's taken so long :(
Sadly it has happened with a few examples on the Velar sister forum. One example of someone (see PeteBarnes) ordering in March/April 21 for a MY21 and told in November that they will now get a MY22 with fewer options and at an increased price. There was a long internal email from JLR leaked that explained to dealer when/how to do this. There is no cone back for customer and ultimate option is to refuse and walk away.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Sadly it has happened with a few examples on the Velar sister forum. One example of someone (see PeteBarnes) ordering in March/April 21 for a MY21 and told in November that they will now get a MY22 with fewer options and at an increased price. There was a long internal email from JLR leaked that explained to dealer when/how to do this. There is no cone back for customer and ultimate option is to refuse and walk away.
yeah I saw that he did want the cameras and HUD though to be fair and he was never going to get them ... there is a chip shortage so by the time he's taken them off others have probably over taken him in the queue ...I also think that by the time he's taken everything he had to take off has gone I might have cancelled my order and started again. A penalty of getting one this year is no cameras .. but oh hum I can park ,,, I do feel sorry for the guy if this was his first experience ... all car manufacturers are going through the same just LR more than most it seems :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was reading a thread on the PH forum regarding Mercedes delivery delays. It was very similar scenario to LR. Delivery dates moving without warning, equipment missing or downgraded, poor comms, people wanting to cancel and having a battle to get deposits back...

To the best of my knowledge my Evoque is due to be built tomorrow, in the morning I hope..... ✌ Will believe it when it's confirmed by dealer...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The whole way JLR is handlung this is appalling - no xarw about customer, no information. I ordered before any mention of problems and was given a delivery date. It’s not as if I am irdering now and gave been made aware of delivery delays.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
The whole way JLR is handlung this is appalling - no xarw about customer, no information. I ordered before any mention of problems and was given a delivery date. It’s not as if I am irdering now and gave been made aware of delivery delays.
to be fair I think its the same with most of the car manufactures ... they are all struggling because of the chip situation is annoying and frustrating for the customer ...

Reactions: Kron
481 - 498 of 498 Posts