Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The information from Land Rover, or lack of it is rather worrying! Have emailed LR this morning for a response. Will let you know when I have an answer

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have just phoned the Halewood switchboard again, as before message says switchboard is closed. Phoned JLR customer service, asking if production of the Evoque has re-commenced, only to be told they are unable to give out this information!!! I am interpreting this to mean that production is still stopped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A shocking response from JLR. They are treating their customers worse than if they were buying a loaf of bread at Tesco.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Couldn't agree more, thinking of pulling the plug, been a catalogue of disasters since first ordering in Sept 19 - first order went to built before I could amend my spec & dealer didn't advise me of this, although he knew I wanted to amend. Re-ordered via another dealer Jan 21, car arrived March but dealer had ordered the spec wrong, 3rd order placed April 21.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can see why used prices are rising, and I got an email from my dealer last week asking if I'd like to sell my Evoque back to them. They've obviously got nothing else to make a profit on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
140 Posts
It's not just JLR that is having problems with production and delivery of new vehicles. We have been looking into replacing my wife's 2 year old Porsche but our local dealership says that the earliest delivery for the model she wants would be autumn 2022 !!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had a response from Land Rover customer services. Unfortunately they failed to respond to most of my questions, only saying that some LR operations were currently shut because of semi conductor shortage.
They did not answer my question as to when Halewood would reopen or effect on deliveries.
They didn’t seem very concerned.
What other manufacturers have shut production totally at one of their factories.
Not feeling very reassured.

modlen

·
Registered
21 Posts
What happens, do these build delays mean cars will be built to the MY22 specification?
I hope not, I’ve ordered a MY21 P300e R Dynamic SE for a November 2021 delivery, the MY22 just announced has had the 360 camera deleted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered mine 18th April - which at that point was 12 weeks for delivery. I emailed dealer today he said orders inc mine have been pushed back till september, but am awaiting for confirmation.... absolutely gutted wish I had got one in stock now.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
120 Posts
I hope not, I’ve ordered a MY21 P300e R Dynamic SE for a November 2021 delivery, the MY22 just announced has had the 360 camera deleted!
It appears to have been moved to a £585 Option but I would assume that as its specified on your factory order it will be included.

·
Registered
P300e
200 Posts
Wow, I'm glad I managed to get a stock vehicle now.

Ours was only delivered to the JLR dealer on 8th March. I bought it from an independent dealer on 11th March (the same day I asked him to find me one), and he delivered it to me on 3rd April.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It appears to have been moved to a £585 Option but I would assume that as its specified on your factory order it will be included.
Yes nice jump in price 😒!!! According to others posting on here JLR will just bump the MYtype as they please, Ive seen a post suggesting a bump from 20.5 to 21! sometimes a win but with the MY22 it appears to be a loose, I can't see any improvements?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been told that my build slot has now been cancelled. It was for early July, and it now has an unslotted slot.

Obviously it is not the dealer’s fault, and I am sure that they are very frustrated. I don’t think Land Rover is telling them much.

I am now getting slightly concerned and inconvenienced.

Will I still have a 21 MY vehicle. If it is a MY 22 with less equipment I will be very unhappy and cancel the order.

The other concern is that there is no indicative date as to Halewood reopening. LR are not treating their customers or dealers well at all.

They should offer some small compensation for the delay and poor customer service.

😡

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been told that my build slot has now been cancelled. It was for early July, and it now has an unslotted slot.

Obviously it is not the dealer’s fault, and I am sure that they are very frustrated. I don’t think Land Rover is telling them much.

I am now getting slightly concerned and inconvenienced.

Will I still have a 21 MY vehicle. If it is a MY 22 with less equipment I will be very unhappy and cancel the order.

The other concern is that there is no indicative date as to Halewood reopening. LR are not treating their customers or dealers well at all.

They should offer some small compensation for the delay and poor customer service.

😡
Think they only shut for a week

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that they are still shut???!!!!

LR customer service hasn’t answered my question in this, nor other questions...........

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that they are still shut???!!!!

LR customer service hasn’t answered my question in this, nor other questions...........
Are you sure? I did get mixed up with headlines from this time last year when the plant shut for covid reasons, according to what I can find now this closure is very short, only planned for a week!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,573 Posts
The same thing happened between MY15 & MY16 on Dynamic models. Dynamic mode became a pay for option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The same thing happened between MY15 & MY16 on Dynamic models. Dynamic mode became a pay for option.
Yes I get, Change happens, but it would be nice to know if I order a 21MY that's what I'll get or at least advance notification and a cancel option. I did the Land Rover experience day and really liked the 360 camera with clear sight that's why I ordered that spec...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Surely if spec changes to MY22 and the camera is an option, they should throw that in as a free option.
Anyway, I phoned Halewood and got through to Land Rover experience who said they thought Halewood was open and producing cars, but when questioned further said they weren’t sure either!

So I then went through to their switchboard which had a recorded message saying they were closed due to unforeseen circumstances........

Come on!! What sort of company is JLR?

21 - 40 of 96 Posts