Evoque Owners Club banner
261 - 280 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Just thinking out loud, I wonder how car companies in general will cope as the deadline approaches for the end of ice new car sales. If they are taking orders up to the deadline, they will still be delivering ice cars a year after the deadline 🤔

·
Registered
410 Posts
ICE cars and vehicles are going to be around for a long time yet even without new car sales. Cars will be sold right up to the deadline and service centers busy for a long long time.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Of course, new cars have a shelf life of, what? 10 years or more, so yes Ice cars will be here for the rest of my life, and beyond, what I’m saying is, with the lead times being a year or so in some cases, and the deadline saying no new cars to be sold after it, I just wonder if they will be able to take orders right up to the deadline, or will they have to stop selling new ice cars as soon as they know they can’t deliver before the deadline 🤔

·
Registered
410 Posts
I see what you mean. I would imagine as long as the order has been placed deliveries up to a certain time frame will be allowed to happen. I thought official deadline was 2030? So would imagine all the vehicles manufacturers will have electric options for the UK.

Another thought? Is it just the UK that is banning the sale of petrol and diesel cars? Can people still buy in Europe or elsewhere and import?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my very first Evoque (p250, super excited!) on 11/09 and had the call yesterday to say it had been given a build slot for December, delivery expected mid Jan. Just a luck or have some of the delays been secretly sorted?

I somewhat expected to see loads of others like me on this thread this morning.

·
Registered
410 Posts
John (I think) posted a document in this thread a few weeks back showing which models/specs were available to order and which had 12 month lead times, yours might be just the right spec along with the rationing of features across the brand they might have eased the production line stopages.

Did/are you getting all the options you wanted?

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
Ordered my very first Evoque (p250, super excited!) on 11/09 and had the call yesterday to say it had been given a build slot for December, delivery expected mid Jan. Just a luck or have some of the delays been secretly sorted?

I somewhat expected to see loads of others like me on this thread this morning.
From what I've been told it all depends on the model and spec required. Some lower spec cars are available within 6 months but if you want a fully optioned P300e Autobiography then it's a 12 month minimum wait from order to delivery.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I see what you mean. I would imagine as long as the order has been placed deliveries up to a certain time frame will be allowed to happen. I thought official deadline was 2030? So would imagine all the vehicles manufacturers will have electric options for the UK.

Another thought? Is it just the UK that is banning the sale of petrol and diesel cars? Can people still buy in Europe or elsewhere and import?
Yes, it’s up to individual countries to decide on ice vehicle sales. I don’t know what the rest of Europe, or the world has put in place for ice vehicles. Maybe the regulations will also ban the import of ice ?
As you say, I would have thought all car manufacturers will have alternate propulsion systems in place by then anyway, and may well have phased out the sales of ice themselves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
John (I think) posted a document in this thread a few weeks back showing which models/specs were available to order and which had 12 month lead times, yours might be just the right spec along with the rationing of features across the brand they might have eased the production line stopages.

Did/are you getting all the options you wanted?
My dealer gave a 6-9month wait on the higher spec models last month,12+ months for the lower ones. Didn’t expect to hear anything until at least next year (especially as people have said their May orders are only just getting build slots) but I’m also awaiting an update on the confirmed spec so will see if everything is on there. Not too many extras added so it may just be that I haven’t chosen any large delaying features, like you said

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,367 Posts
got told today from dealer that it was a 6-9 month wait for the P300E autobiography and same for the velar 400E HSE dynamic ... they were the same wait times as I can't decide what to go for,..

·
Registered
Await New Evoque early 2022. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
16 Posts
I ordered my P200 R Dynamic S Evoque late June this year and is still in the Holding Pool and informed it will not see it this year. The 3 yr PCP on my Jag XE ends in Sept 2022 so I am hanging in there at the moment.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque R-Dynamic SE 2.0 D200 Diesel Auto - 2021. Portofino Blue Metallic, Black Pack
18 Posts
After 3 months of uncertainty and stress and trying to stay in front of curve, i have finally cancelled order for new evoque.
However, managed to obtain Evoque R Dynamic SE 4 months old from Listers in Hereford (Who i can highly recommend. Especially William Mapp).
Car fantastic and a joy to drive. Better than expected.
Definitely worth holding out for if your not bothered about some of the tech.

·
Registered
Await New Evoque early 2022. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
16 Posts
After 3 months of uncertainty and stress and trying to stay in front of curve, i have finally cancelled order for new evoque.
However, managed to obtain Evoque R Dynamic SE 4 months old from Listers in Hereford (Who i can highly recommend. Especially William Mapp).
Car fantastic and a joy to drive. Better than expected.
Definitely worth holding out for if your not bothered about some of the tech.
👍

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I ordered today and got told 6-9 months wait..

·
Registered
P300e Autobiography on order
15 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Did you go for the Evoque or Velar?
P300E autobiography Evoque had to go with my heart ... it'll be my 3rd one lol

·
Registered
P300e Autobiography on order
15 Posts
P300E autobiography Evoque had to go with my heart ... it'll be my 3rd one lol
Nice, any additional options?

Must be a good product if you're on you're third :) Ours will be our first.

261 - 280 of 341 Posts