Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Oh yes... I spent Thursday driving around in the Evoque and was thoroughly impressed. What a car! I must say that I was surprised how good the drive was. It will certainly exceed most drivers expectations as it handles like a car, it is nimble and seems to effortlessly handle whatever you throw at it. The dealer, Sidcup Kent, had the champagne out along with soft drinks and sweets. Good show!<div style="font-weight: normal; ">

PROBLEM - SERIOUS DELAYS EXPECTED!?!!???!??
<div style="font-weight: normal; ">

<div style="font-weight: normal; ">My only issue is that LR head office have moved my delivery date back by 3 months as having issues with some deliveries... I now have no car for winter!!
... I was given a delivery date, first week of December (after paying my deposit in May), now they have changed this to 1st week in February... WHY!!!!!!!!

<div style="font-weight: normal; ">Has anyone else had issues like me?? I feel gutted!

<div style="font-weight: normal; ">What do I do now???
<div style="font-weight: normal; ">Jim

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Jim
Yes I have had the same regarding the dynamic plus pack in red as there are no more red cows left in Liverpool area and have knocked it back from November to febuary which has now moved to January again now sold my car so also car-less

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so wrong!!! I thought the delivery date was fixed, it seems to be a guess-timate!!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dynamic also.. didn't change a thing! Seems like they messed up over quantities or maybe shipped an extra 100 to the US?? Can't believe it's a shortage of red leather! Is that seriously what they said? Ha-ha.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea yet, they are letting me know Monday! I will post their reason next week.. Either way better be getting an oyster card!!!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm interesting . My delivery was brought forward from 2012 to November. Dynamic and red. Not had any notification of any delay. Won't be impressed if this is the case, as like others here I have made alternative arrangements re my current car. My order is for petrol so wonder if this makes a difference. Would rather have had heads up from dealer rather than this forum.
Not good if true.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh and Jim, I too was a Sidcup buyer but had so poor service I ordered from a dealer some distance away, but they actually knew what they were talking about. Sadly lacking at Sidcup less than a mile away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the result formally today from LR H/O.. I will have to wait till Feb 2012, as there are (and apprently always has been) delays with the petrol models. So... (wait for it) November orders didn't get processed till Feb 2012 as DYN' PETROL were over-subscribed, although nobody tells the customers, at RR dealers (or so it appears!). Till now I've been told I had aNovember build.

Hey, so therefore I "formally" have NO car for winter. Fortunately I have had the "apologies" today and seemingly admittance of incompetence and I feel so much better now... NOT!

It appears that my dealer "messed up" as head office claim that petrol models are the problem (even whenI ordered & paid in MAY) but the dates were always subject to substantial delays for dynamic petrol models.. (SO BEWARE!!) No surprise but that's the first I ever heard of this problem. So it's not paint or headlamps people!!

What do I do now??? No idea!!!! Needless to say I am not happy at all, yet for some reason, and most of all, I was looking forward to getting my blimmin car..

I probably won't remember the test drive (last Thursday) next year, or even what it looks like in 5 months time.. HMMMMMM Actually, Oh yes I will cos everyone else will be driving around in theirs.. predominantly diesels of course, cos they made enough of them ones.. apparently. Great foresight guys at RR!Cheers RR, create the hype and then shoot it back down..

I know what I should do now, write a formal letter of complaint to LR H/O, up the line we go. What a load of crap and inconvenience for all. But then, why should I take it in the neck? I will probably do it.

NB: If you are reading this please post a comment if you are concerned or feel it appropriate to support me in my plight to sort this mess out. I need support to take this issue to head office and get some attention to my problem, thanks.

I will keep you posted.
Jim

·
Registered
118 Posts
It does seem a bit of a lottery as my build date (Si4 Coupe) has come forwards by 5 days to 31/10, ordered in July. I saw it on the screen with my own eyes on Tuesday.

I always understood that Si4's were on a shorter lead time because they were less popular anddealers were allocated them in any case in the model mix.

Who knows what the true story is but LR are clearly doing themselves no favours if they set a delivery date and then don't stick to it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeh been told some excuses ie no red leather for dynamic plus pack !!! Mine to is a si4 and this took a jump to febuary as now carless it's beyond a joke so haven't heard the engine one as yet so I will await in anticipation for it coming and another delay !!
Kev

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jimos, I tried to change our SD4 order for a Petrol around 6 weeks ago and our dealer said that we'd have to wait until March for petrols. Needless tomsay we kept our November slot for the SD4. I suspect they've known about this problem for a while now!

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Wow, If that's true you could be one of the first owners on here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My original date was mid October then told end September but now my dealer has been very quiet on the matter.I'm hoping it's not about to be pushed back to October again as I will have no car after this month!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi i have a March delivery date so just waiting , however i see lots of posts of people who have already sold their current cars , can i ask how are yous all selling and to who??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts