Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My delivery date slipped from late September to Mid October...acceptable, its a graet car and in demand....Now told that it could be Mid November due to Parts shortage having a negative effect on the production line. Anyone else hearing this....not acceptable and getting very, VERY frustrated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there they have a massive shortage of panoramic roofs so I've been reliably informed, this is due to a lot higher demand than they expected, I was told that's why they have put the price up by over £300. Also read on here that xenons are in very short surply. If you didn't go for these options you might be ok. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I checked with my dealer yesterday and my build date remains unchanged (for now that is) and I have xenons and panoramic roof on my order!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Caroline i see you have mentioned mats?
if my dealer thinks i am paying for mats after shifting my delivery date they can think on

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heard from my dealer yesterday, we ordered in early July and had a "Late November" delivery date for our Dynamic Plus 5 Door with all the bells and whistles, including the Panoramic Roof and Xenons. Heard last month that we may get an early delivery but they confirmed the "issues" with the Xenons yesterday however said that delivery had only slipped back to the original late November date. Seems like we're all getting quite mixed messages.

·
Registered
133 Posts
on another forum some say doors on the 5 door models are now causing more delays!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Totally with you - delayed now until Nov 18th. Sold my car as told arrival date of 15th Sep, then first week in Oct, then 2nd, then 3rd now Nov and who knows if dates beyond that. Asked for courtsey car or to pay for car hire but they take no responsibility. Have had Porsches before and customer service compared to theirs is shocking. Totally miffed beyond believe now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to say keep the faith people!!

My Evoque was dueend September,was then told like everyone elsewhen it got to the end of September (by then already car less) that due to "supply issues" the date had moved into October ish" but no exact date could be given as the Dealer said the dates of vehicles werechanging daily!! Had the news today car has arrived at Dealers picking up Monday 17th. So delay not as bad as first thought. So all I can say is just be patient surprises can happen!!

Waiting for my Fuji White Prestige SD4 manual with pano roof, 8in dual screen, 20in alloys etc

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats bonnie66. You are one of the lucky ones, guess it's not all doom & gloom out there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done to you Bonnie, but with your post and the 3 months early post on another thread, I'm getting mighty pee'd off. I can't even get a date as "we have no info on the progression of delayed builds". I wait in hope that I get a surprise email or call. To all those with quicker deliveries than expected, good on ya, I'm jealous....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to the dealer today to finalise the build spec - ordered in April - original delivery in Jan 2012, which was pulled into Nov 11. Just over 1 month to go, we are told that it has slipped a further 2 months back to January. While we were sitting there, it slipped another week! The dealer didn't even bother contacted me to let me know.
Our contact at the dealer appeared to have no idea why its happening - not really acceptable that the dealer doesn't know, so it is good to hear we are not alone (we had suspicions that we were being bumped down the list!)

We have ordered a Dynamic 5dr SD4 with the panoramic roof and headlights, which sounds like it has all the elements I need to be delayed! We are driving to the alps for Christmas, and the we can't get the skis in the Mini without breaking them in half, so that's that plan scuppered! Trying at least to borrow a Freelander as a goodwill gesture......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Isn't it strange.
You would think the higher the spec (the higher the price)(the higher the profit) the faster L.R would would try and deliver on time. My dealer in Leeds has moved my (Prestige with Lux pack) delivery date three times. The dealer has however offered me a Xmas hamper for my trouble....
What am I going to do with a Xmas hamper if he moves it more than once again?
FIRST del: End of Sept
SECOND del: End of Oct
THIRD del: End of Nov.
Not very customer friendly. The car had better be worth it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the meantime, Pures with add ons are coming off early. Could it be the add ons are from the vehicles which should have them as standard?? WHATEVER, SOMETHING AINT RIGHT....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Coroline 11000, It certainly isn't anyone on this forum's fault. Good luck to everyone. Just getting me down a bit as I can't get insurance etc sorted until chassis number is released. I may have to resort to alcohol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I travelled from Birmingham to Southampton and return today. I saw 11 transporters, all (i presume) port bound for oversea's. A whopping 70+ Evoques and non of them mine

I have also heard comments that Evoques at Halewood are filling the compound. Is production for the Asian and Japanese markets taking priority over the UK market? Thecurrency marketscertainly indicate it could be more profitable to LR!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bongo, not a clue what your on about, I didn't say it was!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my Evoque in February and paid the £500 deposit. I was informed that it would be September delivery. This then slipped to 17th NOvember and i have just found out it may be delayed by a further month or more.

The excuse I have been given is that RR under estimated demand and the split between 3 & 5 Doors. Given that I was told at teh test day that they had orders for 18000, and i spec'd it as a five door DYnamic with Lux pack in JUly, i find this unacceptable.

I have been promissed more info on Friday,

As i have already sold one of my cars in anticipation and my other is of too much value to drive in the winter it had better be good news come teh weekend.

The alternative is an X6 for me and a place in the queue up for sale !

Come on Land Rover, sort it out !

1 - 20 of 105 Posts